Villanova at Xavier Betting Odds
When: January 12, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. EST
Venue: Cintas Center – Cincinnati, OH
Villanova at Xavier Betting Preview
A Big East battle is set for Wednesday night when the Villanova Wildcats (11-4, 4-1 in the Big East) visit the Xavier Musketeers (12-2, 2-1). Both teams will be expecting to compete for the Big East title come March. This game will air live on FS1.
Villanova is scoring 73.1 points per game, is shooting 43.0% from the field, and dishing out 12.9 assists. Defensively, the Wildcats are allowing 61.6 points, grabbing 36.0 rebounds, blocking 3.1 shots, and stealing the ball 6.4 times.
Xavier is scoring 76.4 points per game, is shooting 45.8% from the field, and assisting on 15.1 made shots. Defensively, the Musketeers are allowing 62.7 points and averaging 40.0 rebounds, 5.0 blocks, and 7.6 steals.
Villanova at Xavier Betting Trends
- Villanova are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Villanova’s last 10 games.
- Villanova are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games.
- Villanova are 14-3 ATS in their last 17 games against Xavier.
- Villanova are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games against Xavier.
- Villanova are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games on the road.
- Villanova are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games when playing on the road against Xavier.
- Villanova are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games this season.
- Villanova are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Big East conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Villanova’s last 6 games played in January.
- Xavier are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games.
- Xavier are 8-1 SU in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Xavier’s last 5 games against Villanova.
- Xavier are 11-0 SU in their last 11 games at home.
- Xavier are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games when playing at home against Villanova.
- Xavier are 12-2 SU in their last 14 games this season.
- Xavier are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Big East conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Xavier’s last 6 games played on a Wednesday.
Villanova at Xavier Pick & Prediction
Last time out, Villanova visited the DePaul Blue Demons and used a big second half to win 79-64. DePaul led by five at the half, but Villanova used a huge run to start the second half to run away with the Blue Demons. Collin Gillespie led the team with 28 points and four assists, but Justin Moore had the best all-around night with 21 points, seven rebounds, three assists, and one steal. DePaul shot just 35.3% from the field, 23.8% from three, and made 23 of their 30 free throws.
Xavier got back to action after a long layoff with an 87-72 road win against Butler. The Musketeers took a big lead, early, and never looked back as the Bulldogs never threatened to win this game. Adam Kunkel came off the bench and exploded for 25 points to lead Xavier. Paul Scruggs had a nice game with 16 points, seven rebounds, six assists, one block, and one steal. Butler shot 50.0% from the field, just 23.8% from beyond the arc, and made 11 of their 13 free throws.