Current Big 12 Conference Win Odds:
|Texas Tech Red Raiders||+1000||+800|
|West Virginia Mountaineers||+450||+1600|
|TCU Horned Frogs||+10000||+15000|
|Kansas State Wildcats||+30000||+30000|
|Iowa State Cyclones||+8000||+50000|
|Oklahoma State Cowboys||NA||NA|
- Update 01/18/20 – Baylor off to a 12-0 start and ranked #2 in the AP Top 25 is now -265 to win the Big 12
- Update 12/3/20 – After a strong start Kansas is now a co-favorite to win with Baylor followed by West Virgnia, Texas and Texas Tech.
- Kansas is the only Big 12 team to have won a national championship since 1994. They have made 14 appearances in the Final Four.
- Kansas has had 5 first-place regular season finishes in the past six years. They have only won the Big 12 tournament twice in that period.
- TCU has never made it into the Final Four.
Big 12 Conference History:
The Big 12 was formed in 1996 and its teams have participated in the Big 12 Men’s Basketball Tournament since 1997. The tournament is a single-elimination tournament lasting four rounds. Of the ten teams in the conference, the top six earn a first-round bye leaving the bottom four to play for the last two seeds. The tournament winner earns a berth in the annual NCAA Division 1 Men’s Basketball tournament.
Kansas has been the conference’s dominant force with 11 Big 12 tournament wins in 14 appearances. Iowa State is 5-0 in their five championship games including their upset win over Kansas in 2019. Oklahoma has won three of its five championship games while Missouri has won two of their four. Conversely, Texas has failed to win in any of its six championship game appearances.
Since 2006, only Kansas (8), Iowa State (4), and Missouri (2) have won the Big 12 Men’s Basketball Tournament. Kansas is understandably getting a lot of respect from bookmakers entering the 2020-21 season. However, they seem to like Baylor a little more. A Big 12 team hasn’t gone on to win the NCAA tournament since Kansas did it in 2008.
Win Count All-Time in The Big 12 Tournament