Current Big East Conference Win Odds: Updated 01/18/21
|Marquette Golden Eagles||+1500||+4000|
|St. John’s Red Storm||+5000||+30000|
|DePaul Blue Demons||+15000||+50000|
- Update 01/18/21 – Nothing changed with the Top 3 as Villanova leads the way. Xavier jumps up as Providence plummets
- Update 12/3/20 – 12th Ranked Villanova up 31 cents on the dimeline from -103 to -134 as favorites to win the Big East. Depaul after opening at +15000 doubled to +30000 as they have yet to play a game.
- Villanova (3), Marquette (1), and Georgetown (1) are the only modern Big East teams to win a national title.
- Creighton and Xavier have never made it into the Final Four.
- Villanova has appeared in the last five straight Big East title games winning four of them.
Big East Conference History:
The first Big East Men’s Basketball Tournament took place in 1980. Since then, the conference has gone through many changes with the most notable one coming a few years ago when it was split into the “new” Big East and the AAC. As it stands, the Big East has 10 teams in it who play a regular-season schedule before competing in the Big East Men’s Basketball Tournament.
As with the other conference tournaments, the winner of the Big East tournament wins their spot in the NCAA Division 1 Men’s Basketball tournament. Georgetown and UConn pace the Big East with seven championships each while Villanova has five.
The Wildcats are the clear favorites to win the 2021 Big East tournament. If that happens, Villanova has a shot at winning its third NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament in five years. They beat North Carolina in 2016’s championship game and then knocked off Michigan in 2018. Villanova has won the Big East tournament in four of the past five years. The odds would suggest that bookmakers have a great amount of respect for Villanova in 2021.
Win Count All-Time in The Big East Tournament