Texas at Iowa State Betting Odds
When: January 15, 2022, at 2:00 p.m. EST
Venue: James H. Hilton Coliseum – Ames, IA
Texas at Iowa State Betting Preview
The Big 12 has a nice slate of games Saturday and one of those features the Texas Longhorns (13-3, 3-1 in Big 12) visiting the Iowa State Cyclones (13-3, 1-3). Iowa State has cooled off since their unbeaten start to the season and Texas seems to be rounding into form. This game will air live on ESPN+.
Texas is scoring 70.4 points per game, is shooting 46.4% from the field, and dishing out 14.3 assists. Defensively, the Longhorns are allowing 53.0 points, grabbing 33.8 rebounds, blocking 3.3 shots, and stealing the ball 9.1 times.
Iowa State is averaging 70.4 points per game, is shooting 45.1% from the field, and assisting on 14.5 shots. Defensively, the Cyclones are allowing 58.6 points and averaging 34.7 rebounds, 3.1 blocks, and 9.4 steals.
Texas at Iowa State Betting Trends
- Texas are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Texas’ last 9 games.
- Texas are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games.
- Texas are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games against Iowa State.
- Texas are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games against Iowa State.
- Texas are 10-5 SU in their last 15 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Texas’ last 12 games when playing on the road against Iowa State.
- Texas are 12-2 SU in their last 14 games this season.
- Texas are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Texas’ last 10 games played in January.
- Iowa State are 9-4 ATS in their last 13 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Iowa State’s last 15 games.
- Iowa State are 13-3 SU in their last 16 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Iowa State’s last 5 games against Texas.
- Iowa State are 10-1 SU in their last 11 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Iowa State’s last 12 games when playing at home against Texas.
- Iowa State are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games this season.
- Iowa State are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games played in January.
Texas at Iowa State Pick & Prediction
Last time out, Texas hosted the Oklahoma Sooners and came away with a 66-52 win. Texas was in control of this game throughout, and Oklahoma never looked like they were going to threaten. Andrew Jones led the team with 22 points and added three rebounds, two assists, four steals, and one block. The other four Texas starters all scored at least nine points. Oklahoma shot 40.4% from the field, just 7.7% (1-13) from three, and made just 13 of their 22 free throws.
Iowa State visited the Kansas Jayhawks and left with a heartbreaking 62-61 defeat. The Cyclones fought back late and led with just 18 seconds remaining, but a Dajuan Harris layup with eight seconds remaining gave Kansas the win. Izaiah Brockington led Iowa State with 17 points and eight rebounds. Tyrese Hunter added 112 points, five assists, and five steals. Kansas shot 43.8% from the field, 30.0% from beyond the arc, and made 14 of their 18 free throws.