When: January 4, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. EST
Venue: Pete Maravich Assembly Center – Baton Rouge, LA
Kentucky vs LSU Betting Odds
Moneyline: Kent +102 |LSU -122
Spread: Kent +1.5 (-110) | LSU -1.5 (-110)
Total: Under: 140.5 (-110) | Over: 140.5 (-110)
Kentucky vs LSU Betting Preview
A heavyweight SEC matchup is set for Tuesday night when the Kentucky Wildcats (11-2, 1-0 in SEC) visit the LSU Tigers (12-1, 0-1). These two teams could be battling it out for the regular season title, so this is a key early season conference game. This game will air live on ESPN.
Through 13 games, the Kentucky offense is averaging 83.9 points per game, is shooting 49.7% from the field, and dishing out 17.6 assists. Defensively, the Wildcats are allowing 60.5 points, grabbing 44.9 rebounds, blocking 5.2 shots, and stealing the ball 7.0 times.
The LSU offense is averaging 77.7 points per game, is shooting 44.8% from the field, and assisting on 13.2 shots. Defensively, the Tigers are allowing 55.3 points and averaging 41.7 rebounds, 4.9 blocks, and 12.5 steals per game.
Kentucky vs LSU Betting Trends
- Kentucky is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- Kentucky is 11-1 SU in their last 12 games.
- Kentucky is 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games against LSU.
- Kentucky is 5-1 SU in their last 6 games against LSU.
- Kentucky is 1-6-1 ATS in their last 8 games on the road.
- Kentucky is 6-2 SU in their last 8 games when playing on the road against LSU.
- Kentucky is 9-1 SU in their last 10 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Kentucky’s last 11 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- Kentucky is 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played in January.
- LSU is 16-4 ATS in their last 20 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of LSU’s last 11 games.
- LSU is 12-1 SU in their last 13 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of LSU’s last 12 games against Kentucky.
- LSU is 12-0 SU in their last 12 games at home.
- LSU is 2-6 SU in their last 8 games when playing at home against Kentucky.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of LSU’s last 10 games this season.
- LSU is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of LSU’s last 6 games played in January.
- LSU is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played on a Tuesday.
Kentucky vs LSU Pick & Prediction
Last time out, Kentucky hosted the High Point Panthers, and formed head coach Tubby Smith, and got a dominant 92-48 victory. This game was never close and ended up being more of a practice run for Kentucky. Kellan Grady led the team with 23 points and added four rebounds, two steals, and one block. TyTy Washington had a nice night with 15 points, nine assists, two rebounds, and one steal. High Point shot 31.1% from the field, 34.8% from three, and made two of their four free throws.
LSU suffered their first loss of the season with a 70-55 road defeat against the Auburn Tigers. Auburn dominated this game from the word go and were never challenged by their Tiger opponents. Xavier Pinson led LSU with 13 points and added four rebounds, three assists, and one steal. Tari Easton came off the bench and added 11 points, seven rebounds, two steals, and two blocks. Auburn shot 43.4% from the field, 30.4% from beyond the arc, and made just 17 of their 26 free throws.