Who: #1 Gonzaga Bulldogs vs #2 UCLA Bruins
Time: November 23, 2021 10:00 EST
Venue: T-Mobile Arena – Las Vegas, NV
Gonzaga vs UCLA Odds:
Moneyline: ZAGA -220 | UCLA +180
Spread: ZAGA -5.5 (-106) | UCLA +5.5 (-114)
Total: Under: 165.5 (-110) | Over: 156.5 (-110)
Gonzaga vs UCLA Betting Preview
This is as good as it gets when the top-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs (5-0) face-off against the second ranked UCLA Bruins (5-0) in the Good Sam Empire Classic. This will be the 43rd meeting all-time between #1 vs #2 and the top-ranked teams leads 22-20. This game will air live on ESPN.
Through five games, the Gonzaga offense is averaging 93.2 points per game, shooting 55.5% from the field , and is dishing out 20.6 assists. Defensively, the Bulldogs are allowing 59.6 points, grabbing 41.2 rebounds, blocking 5.6 shots, and nabbing 7.2 steals each game.
The UCLA offense is averaging 90.8 points per game, shooting 48.7% from the field, and getting 18.6 assists. Defensively, the Bruins are allowing 67.8 points, grabbing 42.0 rebounds, blocking 5.2 shots, and averaging 7.6 steals per game.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Gonzaga Bulldogs and UCLA Bruins.
Gonzaga vs UCLA Betting Stats
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Gonzaga’s last 9 games.
- Gonzaga are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games.
- Gonzaga are 11-0 SU in their last 11 games against an opponent in the Pac-12 conference.
- Gonzaga are 7-0 SU in their last 7 games played in November.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Gonzaga’s last 9 games played on a Tuesday.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Gonzaga’s last 9 games when playing as the favourite.
- Gonzaga are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games played on a Tuesday when playing at home.
- UCLA are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of UCLA’s last 6 games.
- UCLA are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games.
- UCLA are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games against Gonzaga.
- UCLA are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games against Gonzaga.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of UCLA’s last 5 games this season.
- UCLA are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the West Coast conference.
- UCLA are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games played in November.
- UCLA are 8-1 SU in their last 9 games played on a Tuesday.
- UCLA are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games when playing as the underdog.
Gonzaga vs UCLA Betting Pick
Last time out, Gonzaga opened the Empire Classic with a 107-54 thumping over the Central Michigan Chippewas. This game was never close, as expected, as Gonzaga led by 23 at the half and won the second half by 29 points. Five Gonzaga players notched double-digit points and they were led by Chet Holmgren and his 19 points, five rebounds, two assists, and three blocks. Central Michigan shot just 30.4% from the field, 39.1% from beyond the arc, and 68.8% from teh free-throw line.
UCLA got their Empire Classic started with a 75-62 win over the Bellarmine Knights. This final score in not indicative of how much UCLA was in control of this game from midway through the first quarter on. Peyton Watson came off the bench and led UCLA with 19 points, to go along with four rebounds, one assist, and two steals. Myles Johnson filled the stat sheet with nine points, 11 rebounds, one assists, two steals, and three blocks. Bellarmine shot 45.1% from the field, just 20.0% from the three-point line, and a perfect 13-13 from the free throw line.