Who: Arizona State Sun Devils at San Diego State Aztecs
Time: November 18, 2021 10:30 EST
Venue: Viejas Arena – San Diego, CA
ASU at SDSU Odds:
Moneyline: ASU +285 | SDSU -375
Spread: ASU +8.5 (-105) | SDSU -8.5 (-115)
Total: Under: 136.5 (-105) | Over: 136.5 (-115)
ASU at SDSU Betting Preview
A great non-conference battles takes us out West when the Arizona State Sun Devils (2-1, 0-0 away) visit the San Diego State Aztecs (1-1, 1-0 home). Both teams have had shaky starts to the season, but a win here will bring some good vibes to campus. This game will air live on CBS Sports Network.
Through three games, the Arizona State offense is averaging 71.0 points per game, shooting 44.2% from the field, and is dishing out 14.3 assists. Defensively, the Sun Devils are allowing 63.0 points, grabbing 41.3 rebounds, blocking 4.7 shots, and nabbing 6.3 steals.
After two games, the SDSU offense is averaging 63.0 points per game, shooting 42.7% from the field, and dishing out 8.0 assists. Defensively, the Aztecs are allowing 59.5 points, 36.0 rebounds, 4.5 blocks, and 5.0 steals per game.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Arizona State Sun Devils and San Diego State Aztecs.
ASU at SDSU Betting Stats
- Arizona State are 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona State’s last 5 games.
- Arizona State are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against San Diego State.
- Arizona State are 0-6 SU in their last 6 games on the road.
- Arizona State are 7-1-1 ATS in their last 9 games against an opponent in the Mountain West conference.
- Arizona State are 0-7 ATS in their last 7 games played in November.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Arizona State’s last 6 games played on a Thursday.
- Arizona State are 0-13 SU in their last 13 games when playing as the underdog.
San Diego State
- San Diego State are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Diego State’s last 6 games.
- San Diego State are 15-2 SU in their last 17 games.
- San Diego State are 10-0 SU in their last 10 games at home.
- San Diego State are 12-1 SU in their last 13 games played in November.
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of San Diego State’s last 14 games played on a Thursday.
- San Diego State are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games when playing as the favourite.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of San Diego State’s last 9 games played on a Thursday when at home.
ASU at SDSU Betting Pick
Last time out, Arizona State hosted the, now 0-4, North Florida Ospreys and struggled to a 72-63 victory. This game was much closer than expected and North Florida led by as many as 12 points in the first half. ASU fought back to win the first half by two points and has a more comfortable time in the second half, winning the final 20 minutes by seven points. Four Arizona State starters had double-digit points and they were led by DJ Horne and his 6 points and five rebounds. Alonzo Gaffney had a nice game off the bench with four points, nine rebounds, five assists, two blocks, and two steals. North Florida shot just 37.5% from the field and 34.8% from beyond the arc.
San Diego State visited the BYU Cougars and fell 66-60. This game was tight throughout, but San Diego State could not hold on to their narrow, late lead and suffered their first loss of the season. Nathan Mensah had a monster game with 18 points, eight rebounds, and one block. Trey Pulliam had a nice all-around day with 12 points, three rebounds, and four assists. BYU shot just 38.6% from the field and 22.2% from the three-point line.