Wake Forest vs Florida State Betting Preview
An ACC showdown is set for Saturday afternoon when the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-1, 0-1 in ACC) visit the Florida State Seminoles (4-0, 2-0). Caesars Sportsbook set the line as FSU -6 with a total of 58. Florida State is on a roll to start the season, while Wake Forest is coming off a tough loss in week four. This game will air live on ABC.
Through four games, Wake Forest is scoring 42.8 points per game and are gaining 437.5 yards per game, 314.0 through the air and 123.5 on the ground. Defensively, the Demon Deacons are averaging 30.5 points against, and 375.8 yards allowed, 236.8 passing and 1139.0 rushing.
Risk Free Bets
After four games, Florida State is scoring 37.5 points per game and are gaining 503.8 yards per game, 277.0 through the air and 226.8 on the ground. Defensively, the Seminoles are averaging just 18.8 points against, and 310.5 yards allowed, 165.8 passing and 144.8 rushing.
Wake Forest vs Florida State Prediction
Last time out, Wake Forest hosted #5 Clemson and were beaten 51-45 in double overtime. This was a fantastic game and will go down as one of the games of the regular season. Clemson led 14-0 after the first quarter, but Wake fought back to be down just 20-14 at the half. Wake Forest scored the first 14 points of the third quarter to take the lead and led 35-28 entering the fourth quarter. Clemson tied the game up early in the fourth quarter and the two teams exchanged field goals to send the game to OT. Both teams scored a touchdown in the first OT before Clemson scored to start the second and stopped Wake Forest to get the win. Sam Hartman went 20/29 for 337 yards, six touchdowns, and zero interceptions on the day. Jahmal Banks and Donavon Green each hauled in two touchdown receptions in the loss. Defensively, Wake allowed 559 total yards and did not force any Clemson turnovers.
Florida State hosted Boston College and easily won 44-14. The Seminoles wasted no time in this one as they jumped out to a 21-0 first quarter lead and a 31-0 halftime lead. Florida State scored the first 37 points of the game and 44 of the first 51 points. Boston College got on the board late in the third quarter and scored another touchdown late in the fourth quarter. Jordan Travis went 16/26 for 321 yards, one touchdown, and zero interceptions on the day. Florida State ran the ball 35 times for 180 yards, a 5.1 average, and four touchdowns in the win. Defensively, FSU allowed 235 total yards and forced two Boston College interceptions.
Series History: Wake Forest has won two straight meetings, but Florida State leads the all-time series 30-8-1.
Pick: I do think Florida State is much improved, but Wake is the better team. The Deacs cover on the road.
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Florida State Seminoles
|37.33||Avg Opp Score||22.67|
|15||Avg Opp Score||14.67|
|26.4||Avg Opp Score||19.8|
|30.2||Avg Opp Score||20|
|33.5||Avg Opp Score||21.1|
|34.8||Avg Opp Score||22.5|
Head to Head
Teams Last 10
Wake Forest vs Florida State Betting Stats
- Wake Forest is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- Wake Forest is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- Wake Forest is 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games against Florida State.
- Wake Forest is 2-7 SU in their last 9 games against Florida State.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Wake Forest’s last 6 games on the road.
- Wake Forest is 0-5 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Florida State.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Wake Forest’s last 9 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Wake Forest is 5-2 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Division division.
- Wake Forest is 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games played in October.
- Florida State is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Florida State’s last 8 games.
- Florida State is 6-1 SU in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Florida State’s last 7 games against Wake Forest.
- Florida State is 5-1 SU in their last 6 games at home.
- Florida State is 5-0 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Wake Forest.
- Florida State is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Florida State is 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Division division.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Florida State’s last 5 games played in October.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Florida State’s last 6 games played on a Saturday.