Who: Virginia at BYU
Time: October 30, 2021 10:15 EST
Venue: LaVell Edwards Stadium – Provo, UT
Virginia at BYU Odds:
Moneyline: UVA +110 | BYU -134
Spread: UVA +2.5 (-110) | BYU -2.5 (-110)
Total: Under 63.5 (-110) | Over 63.5 (-110)
Virginia at BYU Betting Preview
An interesting non-conference game is on the schedule for Saturday, October 30, 2021, when the Virginia Cavaliers (6-2) visit the BYU Cougars (6-2). Both teams are already bowl eligible and UVA still has its sights on getting the ACC Championship game. This game will air live on ESPN2 at 10:15 p.m. EST.
Through eight games, teh UVA offense is averaging 37.6 points per game and 539.9 yards per game, 404.6 through the air and 135.3 on the ground. Defensively, the Cavaliers are allowing 26.4 points and 432.8 yards, 234.4 passing and 198.4 rushing.
The BYU offense is averaging 26.0 points per game and 403.8 yards per game, 239.3 through the air and 164.5 on the ground. Defensively, the Cougars are allowing 22.5 points and 386.6 yards, 239.6 passing and 147.0 rushing.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Virginia Cavaliers and BYU Cougars.
Virginia at BYU Betting Stats
- Virginia are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Virginia’s last 5 games.
- Virginia are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- Virginia are 4-16 SU in their last 20 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Virginia’s last 8 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Virginia’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Independents (FBS) conference.
- Virginia are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games played in October.
- Virginia are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games played in week 9.
- Brigham Young are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Brigham Young’s last 11 games.
- Brigham Young are 17-3 SU in their last 20 games.
- Brigham Young are 12-1 SU in their last 13 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Brigham Young’s last 8 games this season.
- Brigham Young are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Coast conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Brigham Young’s last 5 games played in October.
- Brigham Young are 8-3 SU in their last 11 games played in week 9.
- Brigham Young are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played on a Saturday.
Virginia at BYU Pick
Last time out, Virginia hosted teh Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets and won a 48-40 shootout. Georgia Tech 16-7 early in the second quarter, but Virginia scored the next 20 points to take the lead and they never gave it back. Brennan Armstrong had one of the better QB days you’ll see as he went 29/43 for 396 yards, four touchdowns, zero interceptions, and led the team with 99 rushing yards and two touchdowns. Dontayvion Wicks hauled in six balls for 168 yards and two touchdowns in this one. Defensively, UVA allowed 570 total yards and forced one Georgia TEch interception.
BYU visited teh Washington State Cougars and came away with a nice 21-19 win. BYU never trailed in this game and secured the win with a two-point conversion stop with 4:19 remaining in the game. Jaren Hall went 15/20 for 143 yards, zero touchdowns, and zero interceptions on the night. Tyler Allgeier ran the ball 32 times for 191 yards, a 6.0 average, and two touchdowns in this one. Defensively, the Cougars allowed 350 total yards and forcedone Washington State interception.
Virginia vs BYU Series History: BYU won the most recent meeting, back in 2014, but UVA leads the all-time series 3-2.