Date: Friday, September 10
Game Time: 9:30 ET
Venue: Albertson’s Stadium, Logan, UT
TV Network: FS1
FanDuel Odds: Boise St -26.5 Total 55.5
We have Conference USA vs Mountain West in Week Two when the UTEP Miners (2-0) visit the Boise State Broncos (0-1) on Friday, September 10, 2021. UTEP is one of the few teams to play in Week Zero and Week One, while Boise State is coming off a disappointing open to their season. This game will aur live on FS1 at 9:30 p.m. EST.
Through two games, the UTEP offense is averaging 34.0 points per game and 461.0 total yards, 216.0 passing and 2245.0 rushing. Defensively, the Miners are allowing 15.5 points and 261.5 total yards, 152.0 through the air and 109.5 on the ground.
The Boise State offense is averaging 31.0 points and 283.0 total yards, 263.0 passing and 20.0 rushing. Defensively, the Broncos are allowing 36.0 points and 573.0 yards, 318.0 through the air and 255.0 on the ground.
Below is ATS college football pick, and betting preview, for the battle between the UTEP Miners and Boise State Broncos. All odds are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
UTEP vs Boise State Betting Trends:
- UTEP is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of UTEP’s last 5 games.
- UTEP is 5-15 SU in their last 20 games.
- UTEP is 0-5 SU in their last 5 games against Boise State.
- UTEP is 3-17 SU in their last 20 games on the road.
- UTEP is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Mountain West conference.
- UTEP is 4-16 SU in their last 20 games played in September.
- UTEP is 0-5-1 ATS in their last 6 games played in week 2.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of UTEP’s last 9 games when playing as the underdog.
- Boise State is 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games.
- Boise State is 15-5 SU in their last 20 games.
- Boise State is 8-1 SU in their last 9 games at home.
- Boise State is 6-0 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Conference USA conference.
- Boise State is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played in September.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Boise State’s last 7 games played in week 2.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Boise State’s last 6 games played on a Friday.
- Boise State is 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games played on a Friday when playing at home.
Last time out, UTEP hosted the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats and came away with a 38-28 win. This game was relatively boring during the first half, but the second half, and the fourth quarter especially, was worth the price of admission. 35 total points were scored in the fourth quarter with UTEP winning the quarter 21-14. QB Gavin Hardison went 14/23 for 183 yards, three touchdown and zero interceptions. The Miners ran all over Bethune-Cookman as they totaled 289 yards and two touchdowns on 51 rushes. Defensively, the Miners allowed 333 total yards and forced two Wildcats turnovers.
Boise State looked on their way to a nice opening game win at the UCF Knights, but ultimately were defeated 36-31. The Broncos jumped out to a 21-0 lead but found themselves down 28-24 entering the fourth quarter. Boise retook the lead with eight minutes remaining, but a UCF touchdown with just over four minutes left gave UCF the lead for good. QB Hank Bachmeier went 25/39 for 263 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. The Broncos could not run the ball all night as they rushed the ball 24 times for just 49 yards and one touchdown. Defensively, Boise allowed 573 total yards and forced two UCF interceptions, one that was returned 100 yards for a touchdown.
Series History: This will be the sixth meeting between these two schools and Boise State sits at a perfect 5-0 record against UTEP.