Who: Troy at Coastal Carolina
Time: October 28, 2021 7:30 EST
Venue: Brooks Stadium – Conway, SC
Troy at Coastal Carolina Odds:
Moneyline: Troy +730 | Coastal -1300
Spread: Troy +18.5 (-108) | Coastal -18.5 (-112)
Total: Under 52.5 (-114) | Over 52.5 (-106)
Troy at Coastal Carolina Betting Preview
The Sun Belt Conference takes center stage on Thursday, October 28, 2021, when the Troy Trojans (4-3, 2-1) visit the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (6-1, 2-1). Coastal and Troy are both tied for first in Group A, but are trailing the App State Mountaineers at the top. This game will air live on ESPN2 at 7:30 p.m. EST.
Through seven games, the Troy offense is averaging 25.3 points per game and 354.6 yards per game, 241.7 through the air and 112.9 on the ground. Defensively, the Trojans are allowing 19.6 points and 285.9 yards, 191.4 passing and 94.4 rushing.
The Coastal offense is averaging 45.7 points per game and 524.4 yards per game, 290.7 through the air and 233.47 on the ground. Defensively, the Chanticleers are allowing 17.1 points and 323.0 yards, 179.4 passing and 143.6 rushing.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Troy Trojans and Coastal Carolina Chanticleers.
Troy at Coastal Carolina Betting Stats
- Troy are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Troy’s last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Troy’s last 11 games on the road.
- Troy are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games this season.
- Troy are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Sun Belt conference.
- Troy are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the East Division division.
- Troy are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games played in October.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Coastal Carolina’s last 5 games.
- Coastal Carolina are 18-2 SU in their last 20 games.
- Coastal Carolina are 11-0 SU in their last 11 games at home.
- Coastal Carolina are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games this season.
- Coastal Carolina are 8-2-1 ATS in their last 11 games against an opponent in the Sun Belt conference.
- Coastal Carolina are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games played in October.
Troy at Coastal Carolina Pick
Last time out, Troy visited the Texas State Bobcats and escaped with a 31-28 victory. Texas State was leading 28-24 entering the fourth quarter, but a 33-yard pick-six gave Troy the win. Gunnar Watson went 22/29 for 182 yards, one touchdown, and zero interceptions. Kimani Vidal was a beast on the ground as he racked up 162 yards and two touchdowns on 25 carries. Defensively, the Trojans allowed 370 total yards and forced four Texas State turnovers, three interceptions and one fumble recovery.
Coastal Carolina visited the Appalachian State Mountaineers and suffered their first loss of the season, 30-27. The Chanticleers took a 20-14 lead into the half, after leading 14-0, but App State got the win with a 24-yard field goal as time expired. Grayson McCall went 15/23 for 291 yards, one touchdown, and zero interceptions on the night. Sherman Jones had two touchdowns on the ground and Jaivon Heiligh had 103 receiving yards. Defensively, the Chants allowed 575 total yards and recovered two App State fumbles.
Troy vs Coastal Carolina Series History: Coastal has won the last two meetings to tie the series up at two wins a piece.