Who: LSU Tigers vs Kansas State Wildcats
Time: January 4, 2022 9:00 EST
Venue: NRG Stadium – Houston, TX
LSU vs Kansas State Odds:
Moneyline: LSU -105 | KSU -115
Spread: LSU +1.0 (-110) | KSU -1.0 (-110)
Total: Under 47.0 (-110) | Over 47.0 (-110)
LSU vs Kansas State Betting Preview
The Texas Bowl will feature two teams who disappointed this season with the LSU Tigers (6-6) taking on the Kansas State Wildcats (7-5). LSU needs a win to avoid their first losing season since 1999. This game will air live on ESPN.
LSU is heading back to a bowl after their first non-bowl appearance in 20 seasons last year. The Tigers last bowl appearance was a good one as they won the 2019 National Championship over the Clemson Tigers.
Kansas State is also heading back to a bowl game after missing out last season and will look to get back to their postseason winning ways. The Wildcats lost the 2019 Liberty Bowl to the Navy Midshipmen.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the LSU Tigers and Kansas State Wildcats.
LSU vs Kansas State Betting Stats
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Louisiana State’s last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Louisiana State’s last 9 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Louisiana State’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference.
- Louisiana State are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games played in January.
- Louisiana State are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games when playing as the underdog.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Kansas State’s last 6 games.
- Kansas State are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kansas State’s last 5 games this season.
- Kansas State are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- Kansas State are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games played in January.
- Kansas State are 8-1 SU in their last 9 games when playing as the favorite.
LSU vs Kansas State Betting Pick
During the regular season, the LSU offense averaged 27.1 points per game and 373.5 yards per game, 264.2 through the air and 109.3 on the ground. Defensively, the Tigers allowed 25.3 points and 372.2 yards, 234.9 passing and 137.3 rushing. LSU finished their regular season with a 27-24 win over Texas A&M.
The Kansas State offense averaged 26.3 points per game and 355.7 yards per game, 195.0 through the air and 160.7 on the ground. Defensively, the Wildcats allowed 21.1 points and 348.0 yards, 221.7 passing and 126.3 rushing. Kansas State lost 22-17 at Texas in their regular season finale.
LSU vs Kansas State Series History: LSU won the only appearance between these two schools, a 21-0 win in 1980.