Tennessee vs LSU Betting Preview
An SEC showdown is set for Saturday afternoon when the Tennessee Volunteers (4-0, 1-0 in SEC) visit the LSU Tigers (4-1, 2-0). Both teams are off to good starts this season and this could be a launch pad for an even bigger season for the winner. This game will air live on ESPN. PointsBet Sportsbook has the opening line at Tennessee -3 and the over at 62 points scored.
Through four games, Tennessee is scoring 48.5 points per game and are gaining 559.3 yards per game, 365.8 through the air and 193.5 on the ground. Defensively, the Volunteers are averaging 19.0 points against, and 407.0 yards allowed, 309.3 passing and 97.8 rushing.
Risk Free Bets
After five games, LSU is scoring 35.6 points per game and are gaining 443.6 yards per game, 247.6 through the air and 196.0 on the ground. Defensively, the Tigers are averaging just 14.8 points against, and 293.8 yards allowed, 184.6 passing and 109.2 rushing.
Tennessee vs LSU Prediction
Last time out, two weeks ago, Tennessee hosted #20 Florida and earned a tough 38-33 win. This was a great game that saw Tennessee leading 3-0 after the first quarter and 17-14 at the half. The Vols went on a bit of a run in the second half and led 38-21 early in the fourth quarter. Florida scored 12 late points to keep it close. Hendon Hooker went 22/28 for 349 yards, two touchdowns, zero interceptions, and added 112 yards and one touchdown on the ground. Tennessee ran the ball 42 times for 227 yards, a 5.4 average, and three touchdowns in the win. Defensively, the Vols allowed 594 total yards and forced two Florida turnovers, one interception and one recovered fumble.
LSU visited Auburn and left with an important 21-17 win. Auburn scored the game’s first 17 points, leading 17-0 midway through the second quarter, but LSU woke up and made it a 17-14 game at the half. LSU scored the only seven points in the second half to walk away with the big road win. LSU ran the ball 49 times for 185 yards, just a 3.8 average, and two touchdowns in the win. Defensively, LSU allowed 438 total yards and forced four Auburn turnovers, two interceptions and two recovered fumbles.
Series History: LSU has won five consecutive meetings, with the two teams last playing in 2017, but Tennessee still leads the all-time series 20-10-3.
Pick: This feels like a special year for Tennessee, and I like them to win by double digits Saturday night.
|22||Avg Opp Score||11|
|39||Avg Opp Score||11|
|24.8||Avg Opp Score||14.8|
|38.6||Avg Opp Score||14.2|
|29.4||Avg Opp Score||19|
|34.6||Avg Opp Score||18.1|
Head to Head
Teams Last 10
Tennessee vs LSU Betting Stats
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Tennessee’s last 10 games.
- Tennessee is 6-1 SU in their last 7 games.
- Tennessee is 0-5 SU in their last 5 games against Louisiana State.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tennessee’s last 6 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Tennessee’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- Tennessee is 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the West Division division.
- Tennessee is 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games played in October.
- Tennessee is 2-7 SU in their last 9 games played in week 6.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LSU’s last 5 games.
- LSU is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- LSU is are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of LSU’s last 6 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of LSU’s last 5 games against an opponent in the East Division division.
- LSU is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games played in October.
- LSU is 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played in week 6.
- LSU is 6-0 SU in their last 6 games played on a Saturday.