Who: Baylor Bears vs Ole Miss Rebels
Time: January 1, 2022 8:45 EST
Venue: Caesars Superdome – New Orleans, LA
Baylor vs Ole Miss Odds:
Moneyline: Bay -120 | Miss +100
Spread: Bay -1.5 (-110) | Miss +1.5 (-110)
Total: Under 54.0 (-110) | Over 54.0 (-110)
Baylor vs Ole Miss Betting Preview
The penultimate game of the 2021 bowl season is set for New Years Day night when the Baylor Bears (11-2) and Ole Miss Rebels (10-2) compete in the Allstate Sugar Bowl. Baylor are the Big 12 champions and Ole Miss is one of the most exciting offenses in the nation. This game will air live on ESPN.
Baylor is back in a bowl game for the first time since 2019, which was also a Sugar Bowl appearance. The Bears lost to Georgia 26-14 in that edition of the Sugar Bowl. Prior to that loss, Baylor had won three straight bowl games.
Ole Miss is one of the better teams in bowls as they have a record of 24-13 in their 37 appearances. The Rebels have won two consecutive bowl games and have not lost in the postseason since 2014.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Baylor Bears and Ole Miss Rebels.
Baylor vs Ole Miss Betting Stats
- Baylor are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Baylor’s last 6 games.
- Baylor are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games.
- Baylor are 11-2 SU in their last 13 games this season.
- Baylor are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games played on a Saturday.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Baylor’s last 7 games when playing as the favourite.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Baylor’s last 7 games played on a Saturday when on the road.
- Mississippi are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Mississippi’s last 7 games.
- Mississippi are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Mississippi’s last 5 games this season.
- Mississippi are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference.
- Mississippi are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games played in January.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Mississippi’s last 6 games played on a Saturday.
- Mississippi are 4-16 SU in their last 20 games when playing as the underdog.
- Mississippi are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games played on a Saturday when playing at home.
Baylor vs Ole Miss Betting Pick
During the regular season, the Baylor offense averaged 32.5 points per game and 430.3 yards per game, 215.6 through the air and 214.7 on the ground. Defensively, the Bears allowed 19.2 points and 347.6 yards, 230.8 passing and 116.8 on the ground. Baylor ended their regular season with a 21-16 win over Oklahoma State in the Big 12 Championship game.
The Ole Miss offense averaged 35.9 points per game and 506.7 yards per game, 282.4 through the air and 224.3 on the ground. Defensively, the Rebels allowed 25.0 points and 427.8 yards, 245.8 passing and 182.0 rushing. The Ole Miss regular season came to an end with a 31-21 win in the Egg Bowl.
Baylor vs Ole Miss Series History: Baylor won the only previous meeting between these two schools, a 20-10 win in 1975.