Who: South Florida at #15 BYU
Time: September 25, 2021 10:15 EST
Venue: LaVell Edwards Stadium – Provo, UT
South Florida at BYU Odds:
Moneyline: USF +1120 | BYU -3000
Spread: USF +23.5 (-106) | BYU -23.5 (-114)
Total: 51.5 points Under (-106) | Over (-114)
South Florida at BYU Betting Preview
A strange non-conference battle takes us to Provo when the South Florida Bulls (1-2) visit the BYU Cougars (3-0) on Saturday, September 25, 2021. BYU lost a lot of production from last season but look just as strong as ever. USF is still working to rebuild their program. This game will air live on ESPN2 at 10:15 p.m. EST.
Through three games, the USF offense is averaging 19.3 points per game and 324.7 yards per game, 172.7 through the air and 152.0 on the ground. Defensively, the Bulls are allowing 34.7 points and 525.3 yards, 261.0 passing and 264.3 rushing.
The BYU offense is averaging 25.7 points per game and 369.7 yards per game, 191.0 passing and 178.7 rushing. Defensively, the Cougars are allowing 16.7 points and 397.3 yards, 252.3 passing and 145.0 rushing.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the South Florida Bulls and BYU Cougars.
South Florida at BYU Betting Stats
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of South Florida’s last 5 games.
- South Florida are 1-10 SU in their last 11 games.
- South Florida are 0-7 SU in their last 7 games on the road.
- South Florida are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Independents (FBS) conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of South Florida’s last 7 games played in September.
- South Florida are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games played in week 4.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of South Florida’s last 6 games played on a Saturday.
- BYU are 10-4-1 ATS in their last 15 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of BYU’s last 6 games.
- BYU are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games.
- BYU are 11-0 SU in their last 11 games at home.
- BYU are 7-2 SU in their last 9 games against an opponent in the American Athletic Conference conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of BYU’s last 6 games played in September.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of BYU’s last 14 games played in week 4.
- BYU are 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games played on a Saturday when playing at home.
South Florida at BYU Pick
Last time out, South Florida got their first win of the season with a 38-17 home win over the Florida A&M Rattlers. USF led 24-3 at the half and had no struggle with their Southwestern Athletic Conference opponents. Timmy McClain went 12/23 for 163 yards, one touchdown, and zero interceptions. The star on the night was Jaren Mangham as he converted his seven rushes into 27 yards and three touchdowns. Xavier Weaver had a nice receiving day with five receptions for 77 yards and one touchdown. Defensively, the Bulls allowed 380 total yards and recovered one Fam U fumble.
For the second consecutive week, BYU faced off against a ranked Pac-12 team and took them down. The Cougars hosted the #19 Arizona State Sun Devils and came away with an impressive 27-17 win. Arizona State never led in this game, but they did trim the lead to just four points heading into the final quarter. Jaren Hall went 15/27 for 214 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions. Backup QB Baylor Romney threw one pass for three yards a one touchdown. Issac Rex made the most of his catches on the night as he hauled in two balls for 18 yards and two touchdowns. Defensively, the Cougars allowed 426 total yards and forced four Arizona State turnovers, two interceptions and two fumble recoveries.
South Florida vs BYU Series History: South Florida won the only previous meeting back in 2019.