Who: Utah Utes vs Ohio State Buckeyes
Time: January 1, 2022 5:00 EST
Venue: Rose Bowl – Pasadena, CA
Utah vs Ohio State Odds:
Moneyline: Utah +205 | OSU -255
Spread: Utah +6.5 (-105) | OSU -6.5 (-115)
Total: Under 67.0 (-120) | Over 67.0 (+100)
Utah vs Ohio State Betting Preview
The “Granddaddy of Them All” is always the best non-playoff bowl game on the schedule and this will be no different this season when the Utah Utes (10-3) battle the Ohio State Buckeyes (10-2). Utah won the Pac-12 Championship game and will look to pull off the big upset over the Buckeyes in this one. This game will air live on ESPN.
Utah is back in a bowl game for the first time since 2019 and are set to play in their first Rose Bowl. The Utes are on a two-game losing streak in bowls and have not won since a 30-14 defeat over West Virginia in the Heart of Dallas Bowl.
Ohio State is no stranger to the Rose Bowl as they are set to make their 16th appearance in this game. The Buckeyes are 8-7 all-time and won their last appearance in the 2018 edition, a 28-23 win over Washington.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Utah Utes and Ohio State Buckeyes.
Utah vs Ohio State Betting Stats
- Utah are 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Utah’s last 16 games.
- Utah are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games.
- Utah are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games this season.
- Utah are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Big Ten conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Utah’s last 6 games played on a Saturday.
- Utah are 14-5-1 ATS in their last 20 games when playing as the underdog.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Utah’s last 6 games played on a Saturday when on the road.
- Ohio State are 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Ohio State’s last 18 games.
- Ohio State are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games.
- Ohio State are 10-2 SU in their last 12 games this season.
- Ohio State are 8-1 SU in their last 9 games against an opponent in the Pac-12 conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Ohio State’s last 7 games played in January.
- Ohio State are 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games played on a Saturday.
- Ohio State are 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games when playing as the favorite.
Utah vs Ohio State Betting Pick
During the regular season, the Utah offense averaged 35.5 points per game and 428.6 yards per game, 212.5 through the air and 216.1 on the ground. Defensively, the Utes allowed 20.6 points and 317.8 yards, 195.3 passing and 122.5 rushing. The Utes ended their regular season with a 38-10 demolition of the Oregon Ducks in the Pac-12 Championship game.
The Ohio State offense averaged 45.5 points per game and 551.1 yards per game, 364.9 through the air and 186.2 on the ground. Defensively, the Buckeyes allowed 20.9 points and 366.6 yards, 246.9 passing and 119.7 rushing. Ohio State lost 42-27 to Michigan in their regular season finale.
Utah vs OSU Series History: Ohio State won the only previous meeting between these two schools, a 64-6 win in 1986.