Who: Purdue at Nebraska
Time: October 30, 2021 3:30 EST
Venue: Memorial Stadium – Lincoln, NE
Purdue at Nebraska Odds:
Moneyline: Purdue +220 | Nebraska -280
Spread: Purdue +6.5 (-110) | Nebraska -6.5 (-110)
Total: Under 50.5 (-112) | Over 50.5 (-108)
Purdue at Nebraska Betting Preview
The Big Ten West is on full display when the Purdue Boilermakers (4-3, 2-2) visit the Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-5, 1-4) on Saturday, October 30, 2021. Nebraska is at the bottom of the West, but Purdue is just one game back of Iowa and Minnesota. This game will air live on ESPN2 at 3:30 p.m. EST.
Through seven games, the Purdue offense is averaging 22.1 points per game and 392.0 yards per game, 317.7 through the air and 74.3 on the ground. Defensively, the Boilermakers are allowing 16.3 points and 301.6 yards, 160.4 passing and 141.1 rushing.
After eight games, the Nebraska offense is averaging 30.8 points per game and 479.0 yards per game, 266.4 through the air and 212.6 on the ground. Defensively, the Cornhuskers are allowing 19.4 points and 348.9 yards, 209.0 passing and 139.9 rushing.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Purdue Boilermakers and Nebraska Cornhuskers.
Purdue at Nebraska Betting Stats
- Purdue are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Purdue’s last 7 games.
- Purdue are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games against Nebraska.
- The total has gone UNDER in 16 of Purdue’s last 20 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Purdue’s last 5 games this season.
- Purdue are 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games against an opponent in the Big Ten conference.
- Purdue are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games against an opponent in the West Division division.
- Purdue are 2-9 SU in their last 11 games played in week 9.
- Nebraska are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games.
- Nebraska are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Nebraska’s last 10 games at home.
- Nebraska are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games this season.
- Nebraska are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Big Ten conference.
- Nebraska are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games played in October.
- Nebraska are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games played in week 9.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Nebraska’s last 9 games played on a Saturday when at home.
Purdue at Nebraska Pick
Last time out, Purdue hosted the Wisconsin Badgers and suffered a 30-13 defeat. Purdue was up 13-10 late in the first half, but Wisconsin scored the final 20 points to get the big win. Aidan O’Connell went 24/32 for 200 yards, one touchdowns, and three interceptions on the day. Payne Durham had a big day with nine receptions for 112 yards and one touchdown. Defensively, the Boilermakers allowed 342 total yards and recovered two Wisconsin fumbles.
Nebraska visited the Minnesota Golden Gophers and lost 30-23 to their Western division opponents. Minnesota led 21-9 at the half, but Nebraska fought back to make it a five-point game heading into the final quarter. Ultimately, it was not enough and another disappointing Nebraska season continues. Aidan Martinez went 18/23 for 241 yards, one touchdown, and zero interceptions. Rahmir Johnson had a nice day with 11 carries for 83 yards and two touchdowns. Defensively, the Cornhuskers allowed 3396 total yards and forced two Minnesota touchdowns.
Purdue vs Nebraska Series History: Nebraska won the recent meeting to take a 5-4 series lead.