Who: Ohio vs Louisiana
Time: September 16, 2021 8:00 EST
Venue: Cajun Field – Layfayette LA
Ohio vs Louisiana Odds
Moneyline: OHIO: (+730) | UL: (-1300)
Spread: OHIO: +19.5 (-105) | UL: -19.5 (-115)
Total: 56.5 – Over: (-108) | Under: (-112)
Ohio vs Louisiana Betting Preview
We have MAC vs Sun Belt in action on Thursday, September 16, 2021, when the Ohio Bobcats (0-2) visit the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (1-1). Ohio is not a good team and Louisiana has expectations to finish the season as a ranked team. This game will air live on ESPN at 8:00 p.m. EST.
Through two games, the Ohio offense is averaging just 17.0 points per game and 326.5 total yards, 190.0 through the air and 136.5 on the ground. Defensively, the Bobcats are allowing 28.5 points and 372.5 yards, 147.0 passing and 225.5 rushing.
The Louisiana offense is averaging 22.5 points per game and 376.0 yards, 293.0 through the air and 83.0 on the ground. Defensively, the Ragin’ Cajuns are allowing 31.0 points and 473.0 yards, 312.0 passing and 161.0 rushing.
Below is my college football pick, and preview, for the Ohio Bobcats vs Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns. All odds are from Caesars Sportsbook.
Ohio Bobcats at Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns Betting Stats & Trends
- Ohio is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Ohio’s last 9 games.
- Ohio is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Ohio’s last 6 games against an opponent in the Sun Belt conference.
- Ohio is 0-5 SU in their last 5 games played in September.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Ohio’s last 5 games played in week 3.
- Ohio is 8-0 ATS in their last 8 games played on a Thursday.
- Louisiana-Lafayette is 5-11 ATS in their last 16 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Louisiana-Lafayette’s last 11 games.
- Louisiana-Lafayette is 8-1 SU in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Louisiana-Lafayette’s last 5 games at home.
- Louisiana-Lafayette is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Mid-American conference.
- Louisiana-Lafayette is 8-1 SU in their last 9 games played in September.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Louisiana-Lafayette’s last 9 games played in week 3.
- Louisiana-Lafayette is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played on a Thursday.
- Louisiana-Lafayette is 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games when playing as the favourite.
Ohio hosted the FCS Duquesne Dukes and suffered a disappointing 28-26 loss. The Bobcats had a chance to tie it, but Duquesne stopped the two-point conversion, with nine seconds left, to secure the massive win. There is somehow another Rourke starting at QB for Ohio and Kurtis went 14/22 for 168 yards, one touchdown, zero interceptions, and added another score on the ground. Ohio ran the ball 24 times for 139 yards and two touchdowns on the day. Defensively, the Bobcats allowed 362 total yards and did not force a Dukes turnover.
Louisiana hosted the Nicholls Colonels and came away with a close 27-24 win. The Ragin’ Cajuns never trailed in this game and were winning 27-10 early in the fourth quarter. Nicholls scored with 33 seconds remaining to make it 27-24, but Louisiana recovered the onside kick to secure the win. Levi Lewis went 19/33 for 304 yards, two touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Defensively, the Ragin’ Cajuns allowed 511 total yards and forced one Colonels interception.
Ohio Bobcats vs Louisiana Series History: Louisiana won the most recent meeting back in 2019, but Ohio leads the all-time series 2-1.