Who: Northern Illinois at Buffalo
Time: November 17, 2021 7:00 EST
Venue: UB Stadium – Buffalo, NY
Northern Illinois at Buffalo Odds:
Moneyline: NIU -122 | BUF +100
Spread: NIU -1.5 (-110) | BUF +1.5 (-110)
Total: Under 62.5 (-108) | Over 62.5 (-112)
Northern Illinois at Buffalo Betting Preview
The MAC race could go take another drastic swing when the Northern Illinois Huskies (7-3, 5-1) visit the Buffalo Bulls (4-6, 2-4) on Wednesday night. Northern Illinois leads the West division, but every other team is within two games of the Huskies. Buffalo is in fourth in the East and two games back of Kent State. This game will air live on ESPN2.
Through 10 games,. the NIU offense is averaging 31.5 points per game and 432.5 yards per game, 212.0 through the air and 220.5 on the ground. Defensively, the Huskies are allowing 33.3 points and 441.0 yards, 232.1 passing and 208.9 rushing.
The Buffalo offense is averaging 32.0 points per game and 420.5 yards per game, 222.9 through the air and 197.6 on the ground. Defensively, the Bulls are allowing 30.6 points and 426.1 yards, 228.1 passing and 198.0 rushing.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Northern Illinois Huskies and Buffalo Bulls.
Northern Illinois at Buffalo Betting Stats
- Northern Illinois are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games.
- Northern Illinois are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games.
- Northern Illinois are 8-4 ATS in their last 12 games against Buffalo.
- Northern Illinois are 11-1 SU in their last 12 games against Buffalo.
- Northern Illinois are 13-6 ATS in their last 19 games on the road.
- Northern Illinois are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Buffalo.
- Northern Illinois are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games this season.
- Northern Illinois are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Mid-American conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Northern Illinois’ last 5 games played in November.
- Buffalo are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games.
- Buffalo are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games.
- Buffalo are 10-2-1 ATS in their last 13 games at home.
- Buffalo are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Northern Illinois.
- Buffalo are 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 games this season.
- Buffalo are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Mid-American conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Buffalo’s last 10 games played in November.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Buffalo’s last 8 games played in week 12.
Northern Illinois at Buffalo Betting Pick
Last time out, Northern Illinois needed a last second field goal to win, at home, against the Ball State Cardinals. John Richardson his a 32-yard field goal as time expired to keep NIU in the drivers seat in the West division. Rocky Lombardi went 22/38 for 264 yards, one touchdown, and one interception on the night. Jay Ducker had a huge night on the ground with 24 carries for 115 yards, a 6.5 average, and one touchdown. Defensively, the Huskies allowed 372 total yards and did not force any Ball State turnovers.
Buffalo visited the Miami Ohio RedHawks and suffered a 45-18 thrashing. The Bulls never led in the game and were out of this game midway through the third quarter. Three Buffalo passers combined to go 19/32 for 242 yards, one touchdown, one interception and 11 rushing yards. Quinn Williams hauled in nine balls for 104 yards and one touchdown on the night. Defensively, Buffalo allowed 536 total yards and recovered one RedHawks fumble.
Northern Illinois vs Buffalo Series History: Buffalo won the meeting last season, but NIU leads the all-time series 12-2.