Who: Nebraska at Michigan State
Time: September 25, 2021 7:00 EST
Venue: Spartan Stadium – East Lansing, MI
Nebraska at Michigan State Odds:
Moneyline: Nebraska +158 | MSU -196
Spread: Nebraska =3.5 (-106) | MSU -3.5 (-114)
Total: 51.5 points Under (-110) | Over (-110)
Nebraska at Michigan State Betting Preview
An interesting Big Ten matchup is on the schedule for Saturday, September 25, 2021, when the Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-2, 0-1) visit the Michigan State Spartans (3-0, 1-0). The Spartans have been a pleasant surprise this season and Nebraska is finally starting to show some teeth under Scott Frost. This game will air live on FS1 at 7:00 p.m. EST.
Through four games, the Nebraska offense is averaging 29.5 points per game and 481.3 yards per game, 280.3 through the air and 201.0 on the ground. Defensively, the Cornhuskers are allowing 15.8 points and 347.3 yards, 191.0 passing and 156.3 rushing.
After three games, the Michigan State offense is averaging 39.3 points per game and 520.0 yards per game, 256.3 through the air and 263.7 on the ground. Defensively, the Spartans are allowing 17.3 points and 381.3 yards, 269.3 passing and 112.0 rushing.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Nebraska Cornhuskers and Michigan State Spartans.
Nebraska at Michigan State Betting Stats
- Nebraska are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Nebraska’s last 6 games.
- Nebraska are 6-12 SU in their last 18 games.
- Nebraska are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games against Michigan State.
- Nebraska are 7-2 SU in their last 9 games against Michigan State.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Nebraska’s last 9 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Nebraska’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Big Ten conference.
- Nebraska are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games played in September.
- Nebraska are 14-1 SU in their last 15 games played in week 4.
- Nebraska are 6-12 ATS in their last 18 games played on a Saturday.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Michigan State’s last 6 games.
- Michigan State are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Michigan State’s last 5 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Michigan State’s last 6 games against an opponent in the Big Ten conference.
- Michigan State are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games played in September.
- Michigan State are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games played in week 4.
- Michigan State are 4-12-1 ATS in their last 17 games played on a Saturday.
- Michigan State are 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 games played on a Saturday when playing at home.
Nebraska at Michigan State Pick
Last time out, Nebraska visited the #3 Oklahoma Sooners and suffered a disappointing 23-16 defeat. The Cornhuskers were within a touchdown heading into the fourth quarter, but could not get the stop and score they needed to pull off the massive upset. Adrian Martinez went 19/25 for 289 yards, one touchdown, one interception, and added 34 yards and one touchdown on the ground. Defensively, the Cornhuskers allowed 408 total yards and did not force any Oklahoma turnovers.
Michigan State visited the #24 Miami Hurricanes and left with an impressive 38-17 victory. This was a three point game heading into the final quarter, but Michigan State scored 21 of the final 24 points to come away with a comfortable win. Payton Thorne went 18/31 for 261 yards, four touchdowns, and zero interceptions on the night. Jalen Nailor hauled in four balls for 82 yards and two touchdowns. Kenneth Walker III could not be stopped on the ground as he finished with 172 yards on 27 carries. Defensively, the Spartans allowed 440 total yards and forced two Miami interceptions.
Nebraska vs Michigan State Series History: Nebraska has won the past two meetings and leads the all-time series 9-2.