Who: Navy Midshipmen at Memphis Tigers
Time: October 14, 2021 7:30 EST
Venue: Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium – Memphis, TN
Navy at Memphis Odds:
Moneyline: Navy +265 | Memphis -350
Spread: Navy +8.5 (-112) | Memphis -8.5 (-108)
Total: Under 52.5 (-115) | Over 52.5 (-105)
Navy at Memphis Betting Preview
The American Athletic Conference comes to primetime when the Navy Midshipmen (1-4, 1-2) visit the Memphis Tigers (3-3, 0-2) on Thursday, October 14, 2021. These are two of the worst team in the conference and a win would be a big morale beast to the players. This game will air live on ESPN at 7:30 p.m. EST.
Through five games, the Navy offense is averaging 17.6 points per game and 281.6 yards per game, 62.6 through the air and 219.0 on the ground. Defensively, the Midshipmen are allowing 32.2 points and 360.6 yards, 234.2 passing and 126.4 rushing.
After six games, the Memphis offense is averaging 36.3 points per game and 499.0 yards per game, 323.0 through the air and 176.0 on the ground. Defensively, the Tigers are allowing 32.7 points and 457.0 yards, 316.3 passing and 140.7 rushing.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Navy Midshipmen and Memphis Tigers.
Navy at Memphis Betting Stats
- Navy are 1-9 SU in their last 10 games.
- Navy are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games against Memphis.
- Navy are 4-16 SU in their last 20 games on the road.
- Navy are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games this season.
- Navy are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the American Athletic Conference conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Navy’s last 13 games played in October.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Navy’s last 9 games played in week 7.
- Memphis are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Memphis’ last 10 games.
- Memphis are 10-5 SU in their last 15 games.
- Memphis are 16-1 SU in their last 17 games at home.
- Memphis are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games this season.
- Memphis are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games against an opponent in the American Athletic Conference conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Memphis’ last 5 games against an opponent in the West Division division.
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Memphis’ last 11 games played in October.
- Memphis are 4-11 SU in their last 15 games played in week 7.
Navy at Memphis Pick
Last time out, Navy hosted the #24 SMU Mustangs and suffered a tough 31-24 defeat. Navy led 21-7 early in the second quarter, but SMU scored the next 17 points to grab the lead and the win. Tai Lavatai went 4/7 for 64 yards, one touchdown, zero interceptions, and led the team with 53 rushing yards. Navy rushed the ball 53 times for 177 yards, a 3.3 average, and one touchdown. Defensively, the Midshipmen allowed 404 yards and forced two SMU turnovers, one interception and one fumble.
Memphis visited the Tulsa Golden Hurricane and left Oklahoma with a 35-29 defeat. The Tigers led 13-7 late in the second quarter, but Tulsa scored the next 21 points to gain a comfortable lead and were able to hold on for the victory. Seth Henigan went 34/57 for 463 yards, two touchdowns, and tow interceptions on the night. Memphis rushed the ball 42 times for 151 yards, a 3.6 average, and two touchdowns. Defensively, the Tigers allowed 417 total yards and did not force any Tulsa turnovers.
Navy vs Memphis Series History: Memphis has won the past two meetings to tie the all-time series up at 3-3.