Who: Memphis at Houston
Time: November 19, 2021 9:00 EST
Venue: TDECU Stadium – Houston, TX
Memphis at Houston Odds:
Moneyline: MEM +265 | HOU -350
Spread: MEM +8.5 (-108) | HOU -8.5 (-112)
Total: Under 60.5 (-112) | Over 60.5 (-108)
Memphis at Houston Betting Preview
The American Athletic Conference comes to Friday night when the Memphis Tigers (5-5, 2-4) visit the Houston Cougars (9-1, 7-0). Houston is inevitably going to play Cincinnati in the AAC Championship game in a game that could be one of the best of the season. Memphis is going through a transition phase in their program. This game will air live on ESPN2.
Through 10 games, the Memphis offense is averaging 31.7 points per game and 450.2 yards per game, 303.3 through the air and 146.9 on the ground. Defensively, the Tigers are allowing 29.2 points and 410.1 yards, 260.0 passing and 150.1 rushing.
The Houston offense is averaging 38.9 points per game and 412.7 yards per game, 268.2 through the air and 144.5 on the ground. Defensively, the Cougars are allowing 20.8 points and 291.4 yards, 192.7 passing and 98.7 rushing.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Memphis Tigers and Houston Cougars.
Memphis at Houston Betting Stats
- Memphis are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Memphis’ last 14 games.
- Memphis are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games.
- Memphis are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games against Houston.
- Memphis are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games against Houston.
- Memphis are 0-8 ATS in their last 8 games on the road.
- Memphis are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games when playing on the road against Houston.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Memphis’ last 10 games against an opponent in the American Athletic Conference conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Memphis’ last 7 games against an opponent in the West Division division.
- Memphis are 17-1 SU in their last 18 games played in November.
- Houston are 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Houston’s last 7 games.
- Houston are 9-0 SU in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games against Memphis.
- Houston are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games at home.
- Houston are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games when playing at home against Memphis.
- Houston are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Houston’s last 7 games against an opponent in the American Athletic Conference conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Houston’s last 7 games against an opponent in the West Division division.
- Houston are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games played on a Friday.
Memphis at Houston Betting Pick
Last time out, Memphis hosted the East Carolina Pirates and suffered a 30-29 overtime defeat. Memphis scored in the first overtime and went for the win, but ECU stopped them on the two-point conversion and secured bowl eligibility. Seth Henigan went 15/26 for 233 yards, three touchdowns, one interception, and led the team with 61 rushing yards. Eddie Lewis, Asa Martin and Sean Dykes all hauled in a touchdown pass. Defensively, the Tigers allowed 502 total yards and forced two ECU interceptions.
Houston visited the lowly Temple Owls and left with a dominant 37-8 victory. The Cougars scored the first 24 points of the game and did not allow Temple to get on the board until the fourth quarter. Clayton tune went 21/34 for 224 yards, two touchdowns, and zero interceptions.Alton McCaskill had a big day with 21 carries for 129 yards, a 6.1 average, and two touchdowns. Defensively, Houston allowed just 218 total yards and forced three Temple interceptions.
Memphis vs Houston Series History: Memphis has won five straight meetings and Houston now only leads the all-time series 15-14.