Who: Maryland vs Illinois
Time: September 17, 2021 9:00 EST
Venue: Memorial Stadium – Champaign, IL
Maryland vs Illinois Odds
Moneyline: Maryland: (-305) | Illinois: (+240)
Spread: Maryland : -7.5 (-110) | Illinois : +7.5 (-110)
Total: 59.5 – Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Maryland vs Illinois Betting Preview:
Friday night Big Ten action takes us to Champaign where the Maryland Terrapins (2-0, 0-0) visit the Illinois Fighting Illini (1-2, 1-0) on Friday, September 17, 2021. Maryland has started strong this season while Illinois is reeling after an impressive first game of 2021. This game will air live on FS1 at 9:00 p.m. EST.
Through two games, the Maryland offense is averaging 46.0 points per game and 535.0 total yards, 339.5 through the air and 195.5 on the ground. Defensively, the Terrapins are allowing 12.0 points and 235.5 yards, 178.5 passing and 57.0 rushing.
After three games, the Illinois offense is averaging 24.7 points per game and 358.3 total yards, 215.3 through the air and 143.0 on the ground. Defensively, the Fighting Illini are allowing 33.7 points and 481.7 yards, 311.7 passing and 170.0 rushing.
Below is my college football pick, and preview, for Maryland Terrapins vs Illinois Fighting Illini.
Maryland Terrapins at Illinois Fighting Illini Betting Stats
- Maryland is 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Maryland’s last 5 games.
- Maryland is 4-10 SU in their last 14 games.
- Maryland is 2-10 SU in their last 12 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Maryland’s last 7 games against an opponent in the Big Ten conference.
- Maryland is 12-4 SU in their last 16 games played in September.
- Maryland is 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played in week 3.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Maryland’s last 6 games played on a Friday.
Illinois Fighting Illini
- Illinois is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games.
- Illinois is 1-5 SU in their last 6 games.
- Illinois is 1-5 SU in their last 6 games at home.
- Illinois is 3-8 SU in their last 11 games against an opponent in the Big Ten conference.
- Illinois is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games played in September.
- Illinois is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games played in week 3.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Illinois’ last 9 games when playing as the underdog.
Maryland vs Illinois Betting Preview
Maryland backed up their impressive win over West Virginia with a 62-0 romp of the Howard Bison. This game was huge mismatch on paper, and it proved to be just that as Howard never had a chance and never looked threatening. Taulia Tagovailoa went off as he went 22/27 for 274 yards, three touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Dontay Demus Jr. was the beneficiary as the receiver hauled in six receptions for 128 yards and one touchdown. Maryland also ran all over the Bison as they rushed 49 times for 227 yards and four touchdowns. Defensively, the Terrapins allowed just 146 total yards and forced one Howard interception.
Illinois dropped their second consecutive game with a 42-14 loss at the Virginia Cavaliers. The Fighting Illini went down 14-0, and 21-7 at the half, but fought back to make it a one score game early in the third quarter. Virginia would have none of that as they scored the final 21 points and walked away with the easy win. Artur Sitkowski went 24/45 for 221 yards, one touchdown, and one interception on the day. Illinois, as a team, ran for 116 yards and one touchdown on 27 rushes. Defensively, the Fighting Illini allowed 556 total yards and forced two Virginia turnovers, one interception and one fumble.
Maryland vs Illinois Series History: Maryland won the only meeting, back in 2018, 63-33.