Who: Marshall Thundering Herd and North Texas Mean Green
Time: October 15, 2021 7:00 EST
Venue: Apogee Stadium – Denton, TX
Marshall at North Texas Odds:
Moneyline: Marshall -400 | North Texas +300
Spread: Marshall -10.5 (-110) | North Texas +10.5 (-110)
Total: Under 66.5 (-112) | Over 66.5 (-110)
Marshall at North Texas Betting Preview
Conference USA comes to primetime when the Marshall Thundering Herd (3-3, 1-1) visit the North Texas Mean Green (1-4, 0-2) on Friday, October 15, 2021. Marshall is fighting to stay with the Charlotte 49ers and get into the C-USA Conference Championship game. This game will air live on CBS Sports Network at 7:00 p.m. EST.
Through six games, the Marshall offense is averaging 34.8 points per game and 515.7 yards per game, 357.7 through the air and 158.0 on the ground. Defensively, the Thundering Herd are allowing 22.8 points and 386.2 yards, 176.0 passing and 210.2 yards.
After five games, the North Texas offense is averaging 22.8 points per game and 415.8 yards per game, 212.4 through the air and 203.4 on the ground. Defensively, the Mean Green are allowing 32.2 points and 424.2 yards, 213.8 passing and 210.4 rushing.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Marshall Thundering Herd and North Texas Mean Green.
Marshall at North Texas Betting Stats
- Marshall are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Marshall’s last 6 games.
- Marshall are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Marshall’s last 5 games on the road.
- Marshall are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Marshall’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Conference USA conference.
- Marshall are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games played in October.
- Marshall are 9-0 SU in their last 9 games played in week 7.
- North Texas are 6-12 ATS in their last 18 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of North Texas’ last 5 games.
- North Texas are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games.
- North Texas are 4-12 ATS in their last 16 games at home.
- North Texas are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games this season.
- North Texas are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Conference USA conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of North Texas’ last 7 games played in October.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of North Texas’ last 6 games played in week 7.
Marshall at North Texas Pick
Last time out, Marshall hosted Old Dominion and came away with a 20-13 win in overtime. Marshall tied the game up with 33 seconds remaining in the game and secured the win in the first overtime to beat the Monarchs. Grant Wells went 30/46 for 299 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions on the night. Two different Marshall wide receivers went over 60 yards and scored a touchdown. Defensively, Marshall forced two ODU interceptions.
North Texas visited the Missouri Tigers and left with a 48-35 defeat. Missouri led 31-7 at the half, but allowed North Texas to sneak back into the game and make this one seem closer than it was. Austin Aune went 16/26 for 305 yards, four touchdowns, and two interceptions. Four different Mean Green receivers caught a touchdown last week. Defensively, North Texas allowed 474 total yards and did not force any Missouri turnovers.
Marshall vs North Texas Series History: North Texas wont he most recent meeting, but Marshall still leads the all-time series 2-1.