Who: Kentucky at Mississippi State
Time: October 30, 2021 7:00 EST
Venue: Davis Wade Stadium – Starkville, MS
Kentucky at Mississippi State Odds:
Moneyline: Kentucky -110 | MSU -110
Spread: Kentucky +0.5 (-110) | MSU -0.5 (-110)
Total: Under 47.5 (-115) | Over 47.5 (-105)
Kentucky at Mississippi State Betting Preview
An interesting SEC matchup is on the schedule for Saturday, October 30, 2021, when the Kentucky Wildcats (6-1, 4-1) visit the Mississippi State Bulldogs (4-3, 2-2). Kentucky is one game back of Georgia in the SEC East and Mississippi State is third from the bottom in the West. This game will air live on teh SEC Network at 7:00 p.m. EST.
Through seven games, the Kentucky offense is averaging 28.4 points per game and 387.7 yards per game, 196.9 through the air and 190.9 on the ground.Defensively, the Wildcats are allowing 19.3 points and 320.9 yards, 201.7 passing and 119.1 rushing.
The Mississippi State offense is averaging 27.6 points per game and 423.4 yards per game, 374.7 through the air and 48.7 on the ground. Defensively, the Bulldogs are allowing 25.7 points and 327.1 yards, 234.1 passing and 93.0 rushing.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Kentucky Wildcats at Mississippi State Bulldogs.
Kentucky at Mississippi State Betting Stats
- Kentucky are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games.
- Kentucky are 8-1 SU in their last 9 games.
- Kentucky are 3-9 SU in their last 12 games against Mississippi State.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Kentucky’s last 7 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Kentucky’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Mississippi State.
- Kentucky are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games this season.
- Kentucky are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- Kentucky are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games played in October.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Mississippi State’s last 6 games.
- Mississippi State are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Mississippi State’s last 6 games against Kentucky.
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Mississippi State’s last 14 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Mississippi State’s last 5 games when playing at home against Kentucky.
- Mississippi State are 4-9 SU in their last 13 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- Mississippi State are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games played in October.
- Mississippi State are 10-3 SU in their last 13 games played in week 9.
- Mississippi State are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games played on a Saturday when playing at home.
Kentucky at Mississippi State Pick
Last time out, Kentucky visited the top ranked Georgia Bulldogs and lost 30-13. This game was a complete blowout as it was 30-7 until a last second Kentucky touchdown. Will Levis went 32/42 for 192 yards, two touchdowns, and zero interceptions. The Kentucky rushing game was non-existent as they totaled 51 yards on 27 carries, a 1.9 average. Defensively, the Wildcats allowed 416 total yards and did not force any turnovers.
Mississippi State visited the lowly Vanderbilt Commodores and comfortably won 45-6.This game was over from the start as Vandy had no chance in this one. Will Rogers went 41/57 for 384 yards, four touchdowns, and two interceptions. Makai Polk had five receptions for 63 yards and two touchdowns on the night. Defensively, the Bulldogs allowed just 155 yards and forced one Vandy interception.
Kentucky vs Mississippi State Series History: Kentucky won the meeting last season to tie the all-time series up at 24 wins a piece.