Who: #14 Iowa State at Baylor
Time: September 25, 2021 3:30 EST
Venue: McLane Stadium – Waco, TX
Iowa State at Baylor Odds:
Moneyline: Iowa State -265 | Baylor +210
Spread: Iowa State -6.5 (-114) | Baylor +6.5 (-106)
Total: 47.5 points Under (-105) | Over (-115)
Iowa State at Baylor Betting Preview
A potential Big 12 road block is on the schedule for Saturday, September 25, 2021, when the Iowa State Cyclones (2-1) visit the Baylor Bears (3-0, 1-0). Baylor has had a a surprise start to the season and Iowa State is bit disappointed in their start to 2021. This game will air live on FOX at 3:30 p.m. EST.
Through three games, the Iowa State offense is averaging 27.0 points per game and 389.0 total yards, 253.3 through the air and 135.7 on the ground. Defensively, the Cyclones are allowing 13.3 points and 192.7 yards, 143.3 passing and 49.3 rushing.
The Baylor offense is averaging 46.7 points per game and 561.0 total yards, 237.3 through the air and 323.7 on the ground. Defensively, the Bears are allowing 11.3 points and 228.3 yards, 111.0 passing and 117.3 rushing.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Iowa State Cyclones and Baylor Bears.
Iowa State at Baylor Betting Stats
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Iowa State’s last 5 games.
- Iowa State are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games.
- Iowa State are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- Iowa State are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Baylor.
- Iowa State are 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games against an opponent in the Big 12 conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Iowa State’s last 6 games played in September.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Iowa State’s last 12 games played in week 4.
- Baylor are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Baylor’s last 6 games against Iowa State.
- Baylor are 11-4 SU in their last 15 games at home.
- Baylor are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Iowa State.
- Baylor are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played in September.
- Baylor are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games played in week 4.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Baylor’s last 8 games when playing as the underdog.
Iowa State at Baylor Pick
Last time out, Iowa State traveled to Las Vegas to, randomly, take on the UNLV Rebels and the Cyclones left with a dominant 48-3 win. The Cyclones scored the first 31 points of the game and this looked like men vs boys all night. Brock Purdy went 21-24 for 288 yards, three touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Xavier Hutchinson was the beneficiary of the strong QB performance as he hauled in 10 receptions for 133 yards and two touchdowns. Breece Hall had a nice night on the ground, finishing with 100 yards and two touchdowns on 21 carries. Defensively, the Cyclones allowed just 130 total yards and forced one UNLV interception.
Baylor visited the Kansas Jayhawks and left with an easy 45-7 victory. Baylor went up 14-0 and never looked back as they scored the final 31 points of the game to leave Lawrence after delivering a beat down. Gary Bohanon went 19/23 for 269 yards, two touchdowns, zero interceptions, and added 33 yards and one touchdown on the ground. Abram Smith went off with 122 yards and one touchdown on 16 carries. R.J. Snead had a nice day hauling in six balls for 128 yards and one touchdown. Defensively, the Bears allowed just 169 total yards and recovered one Kansas fumble.
Iowa State vs Baylor Series History: Iowa State won last season’s meeting and cut Baylor’s all-time series lead to 10-9.