Who: Houston vs Cincinnati
Time: December 4, 2021 4:00 EST
Venue: Nippert Stadium – Cincinnati, OH
Houston vs Cincinnati Odds:
Moneyline: Hou +310 | Cin -420
Spread: Hou +10.5 (-118) | Cin -10.5 (-104)
Total: Under 55.5 (-114) | Over 55.5 (-105)
Houston vs Cincinnati Betting Preview
An AAC Championship with major playoff implications is set for Saturday afternoon when the Houston Cougars (11-1, 8-0) visit the Cincinnati Bearcats (12-0, 8-0). Cincy is finally ranked in a playoff spot and a win Saturday will make it very hard for the committee to leave them out. The Bearcats won last season and will be appearing in their third AAC title game. Houston will be making their second appearance and will look to improve to 2-0, winning the title in 2015. This game will air live on ABC.
The Houston offense is averaging 38.8 points per game and 421.7 yards per game, 272.4 through the air and 149.3 on the ground. Defensively, the Cougars are allowing 19.8 points and 289.5 yards, 191.6 passing and 97.9 rushing.
Cincinnati is averaging 39.6 points per game and 430.4 yards per game, 253.6 through the air and 176.8 on the ground. Defensively, the Bearcats are allowing just 15.8 points and 303.3 yards, 161.5 passing and 141.8 rushing.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Houston Cougars and Cincinnati Bearcats.
Houston vs Cincinnati Betting Stats
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Houston’s last 9 games.
- Houston are 10-0 SU in their last 10 games.
- Houston are 2-8-1 ATS in their last 11 games against Cincinnati.
- Houston are 2-7 SU in their last 9 games against Cincinnati.
- Houston are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games on the road.
- Houston are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games when playing on the road against Cincinnati.
- Houston are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the American Athletic Conference conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston’s last 6 games against an opponent in the East Division division.
- Houston are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games played in December.
- Cincinnati are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 6 games.
- Cincinnati are 10-0 SU in their last 10 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cincinnati’s last 6 games against Houston.
- Cincinnati are 10-0 SU in their last 10 games at home.
- Cincinnati are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against Houston.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cincinnati’s last 5 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 6 games against an opponent in the American Athletic Conference conference.
- Cincinnati are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the West Division division.
- Cincinnati are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played in December.
Houston vs Cincinnati Betting Pick
Last time out, Houston ended their season with a 45-17 thumping at the UConn Huskies. This game was never in question and Houston was able to go into cruise control in the fourth quarter. Clayton Tune went 21/30 for 301 yards, four touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Nathaniel Dell hauled in six balls for 62 yards and two touchdowns in this one. Defensively, the Cougars allowed 238 total yards and recovered one UConn fumble.
Cincinnati concluded their perfect regular season with a 35-13 road win over the East Carolina Pirates. The Bearcats used a big second quarter to take control of the game and were never in doubt of winning. Desmond Ridder went 17/28 for 301 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions on the night. Cincy ran the ball 36 times for 143 yards, a 4.0 average, and two touchdowns. Defensively, the Bearcats allowed 282 total yards and forced two ECU turnovers, one interception and one fumble.
Houston vs Cincinnati Series History: Cincy has won the past two meetings, but Houston leads the all-time series 15-12.