Fresno State vs USC Betting Preview
A West Coast showdown is set for Saturday night when the Fresno State Bulldogs (1-1) visit the USC Trojans. USC has looked impressive through the first two games, particularly on offense, and will look to continue that momentum in week three. Fresno State is coming off a disappointing loss in week two and will look to rebound Saturday night. This game will air live on FOX. Bet365 has set the USC Trojans as 12 point favorites in the game.
Through two games, Fresno State is scoring 33.5 points per game and are gaining 520.5 yards per game, 368.5 through the air and 152.0 on the ground. Defensively, the Bulldogs are averaging 21.0 points against, and 357.0 yards allowed, 215.0 passing and 142.0 rushing.
After two games, USC is scoring 53.5 points per game and are gaining 521.5 yards per game, 335.5 through the air and 186.0 on the ground. Defensively, the Trojans are averaging 21.0 points against, and 360.5 yards allowed, 177.0 passing and 183.5 rushing.
Fresno State vs USC Prediction
Last time out, Fresno State hosted Oregon State and suffered a tough 35-32 defeat. This was a fantastic game that saw back and forth action from the start. The game was tied at seven after the first quarter and Oregon State led 14-13 at the half. Fresno State fought back to take a 23-21 lead into the fourth quarter and led 32-29 with under one minute left in the game, but the Beavers scored a walk-off, game-winning, touchdown as time expired to get the road win. Jake Haener went 29/45 for 360 yards, one touchdown and zero interceptions. Jordan Mims carried the ball 21 times for 122 yards and two rushing touchdowns. Defensively, the Bulldogs allowed 397 total yards and did not force any Oregon State turnovers.
USC visited Stanford and won 42-28, a score not indicative of the ease of victory of the Trojans. Lincoln Riley’s bunch jumped out to a 14-0 lead and led 35-14 at the half. The offense took their foot off the pedal in the second half and allowed the Cardinal to score 14 unanswered in the fourth quarter to make this game seem closer than it really was. Caleb Williams went 20/27 for 341 yards, four touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Jordan Addison hauled in seven balls for 172 yards and two receiving touchdowns on the night. Defensively, the Trojans allowed 441 total yards and forced four Stanford turnovers, two interceptions and two recovered fumbles.
Series History: USC has won three straight meetings, with the last one coming in 2019, and lead the all-time series 3-1.
College Football Picks: This USC offense is on a mission, and I do not see this good Fresno State team being able to keep it within two touchdowns.
Fresno State Bulldogs
|22||Avg Opp Score||22|
|9.67||Avg Opp Score||37|
|16.4||Avg Opp Score||32.6|
|18.6||Avg Opp Score||37.4|
|20.1||Avg Opp Score||31.5|
|25.3||Avg Opp Score||32.5|
Head to Head
Teams Last 10
Fresno State vs USC Betting Stats
- Fresno State are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Fresno State’s last 6 games.
- Fresno State are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- Fresno State are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games on the road.
- Fresno State are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Pac-12 conference.
- Fresno State are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games played in September.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Fresno State’s last 7 games played in week 3.
- Fresno State are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games played on a Saturday.
- Southern California are 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Southern California’s last 5 games.
- Southern California are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Southern California’s last 7 games at home.
- Southern California are 12-0 SU in their last 12 games against an opponent in the Mountain West conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Southern California’s last 6 games played in September.
- Southern California are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games played in week 3.
- Southern California are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games played on a Saturday when playing at home.