Who: #20 Florida Gators at LSU Tigers
Time: October 16, 2021 12:00 EST
Venue: Tiger Stadium – Baton Rouge, LA
Florida at LSU Odds:
Moneyline: Florida -450 | LSU +350
Spread: Florida -10.5 (-110) | LSU +10.5 (-110)
Total: Under 57.5 (-110) | Over 57.5 (-110)
Florida at LSU Betting Preview
A classic SEC rivalry is renewed on Saturday, October 16, 2021, when the Florida Gators (4-2, 2-2) visit the LSU Tigers (3-3, 1-2). Both teams are having disappointing seasons, but a win in a rivalry game can give some extra momentum for the rest of the regular season. This game will air live on ESPN at 12:00 p.m. EST.
Through six games, the Florida offense is averaging 33.2 points per game and 504.2 yards per game, 230.3 through the air and 273.8 on the ground. Defensively, the Gators are allowing 16.5 points and 319.2 yards, 208.3 passing and 110.8 rushing.
The LSU offense is averaging 29.7 points per game and 379.5 yards per game, 296.2 through the air and 83.3 on the ground. Defensively, the Tigers are allowing 26.2 points and 385.0 yards, 230.8 passing and 154.2 rushing.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Florida Gators and LSU Tigers.
Florida at LSU Betting Stats
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Florida’s last 6 games.
- Florida are 14-6 SU in their last 20 games.
- Florida are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games against Louisiana State.
- Florida are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games on the road.
- Florida are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Louisiana State.
- Florida are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games this season.
- Florida are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Florida’s last 6 games against an opponent in the West Division division.
- Louisiana State are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Louisiana State’s last 9 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Louisiana State’s last 7 games against Florida.
- Louisiana State are 16-4 SU in their last 20 games at home.
- Louisiana State are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Florida.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Louisiana State’s last 6 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Louisiana State’s last 5 games against an opponent in the East Division division.
- Louisiana State are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games played in October.
- Louisiana State are 6-0-1 ATS in their last 7 games played in week 7.
Florida at LSU Pick
Last time out, Florida essentially had a bye week as they beat lowly Vanderbilt 42-0.Two QBs combined to go 18/28 for 298 yards, four touchdowns, two interceptions, and 51 rushing yards. Dameon Pierce had a big day as he rushed for two touchdowns and hauled in a 61-yard reception touchdown. Defensively, the Gators allowed 287 yards and forced two Vanderbilt interceptions.
LSU visited the #16 Kentucky Wildcats and suffered a disappointing 42-21 defeat. Kentucky jumped out to a 21-0 lead and never looked back as they dominated LSU from start to finish. Max Johnson went 23/38 for 261 yards, one touchdown, and zero interceptions. Tyrion Davis-Price carried the ball 22 times for 147 yards and two touchdowns on the night. Defensively, LSU allowed 475 yards and did not force any Kentucky turnovers.
Florida vs LSU Series History: LSU has won the past two meetings, but Florida still holds a slight 33-31-3 advantage in this rivalry.