Who: Clemson at Pittsburgh
Time: October 23, 2021 3:30 EST
Venue: Heinz Field – Pittsburgh, PA
Clemson at Pittsburgh Odds:
Moneyline: Clemson +155 | Pitt -180
Spread: Clemson +3.5 (-110) | Pitt -3.5 (-110)
Total: Under 47.5 (-110) | Over 57.5 (-110)
Clemson at Pittsburgh Betting Preview
A potential ACC Championship game preview is on the schedule for Saturday, October 23, 2021, when then the Clemson Tigers (4-2, 3-1) visit the Pittsburgh Panthers (5-1, 2-0). Clemson is one game back of Wake Forest in the Atlantic division and Pitt leads the Coastal by 2.5 games over Virginia. This game will air live on ESPN at 3:30 p.m. EST.
Through six games, the Clemson offense is averaging 20.5 points per game and 322.3 yards per game, 180.3 through the air and 142.0 on the ground. Defensively, the Tigers are allowing just 12.5 points and 314.7 yards, 201.7 passing and 113.0 rushing.
The Pitt offense is averaging 48.3 points per game and 533.5 yards per game, 358.0 through the air and 175.5 on the ground. Defensively, the Panthers are allowing 20.0 points and 319.3 yards, 219.2 passing and 100.2 rushing.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Clemson Tigers and Pittsburgh Panthers.
Clemson at Pittsburgh Betting Stats
- Clemson are 0-7 ATS in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Clemson’s last 6 games.
- Clemson are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- Clemson are 15-2 SU in their last 17 games on the road.
- Clemson are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games this season.
- Clemson are 18-2 SU in their last 20 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Coast conference.
- Clemson are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Coastal Division division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Clemson’s last 7 games played on a Saturday.
- Pittsburgh are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Pittsburgh’s last 14 games.
- Pittsburgh are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games this season.
- Pittsburgh are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Coast conference.
- Pittsburgh are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Division division.
- Pittsburgh are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games played in October.
- Pittsburgh are 10-1 SU in their last 11 games played in week 8.
Clemson at Pittsburgh Pick
Last time out, Clemson visited the Syracuse Orange and escaped with a 17-14 win. Syracuse had a chance to tie it up but a late field goal was missed and Clemson left with the win. D.J. Uiagalelei went 21/34 for 181 yards, one touchdown, and zero interceptions. The Tigers ran the ball 37 times for 116 yards, a 3.1 average, and one touchdown on the night. Defensively, the Tigers allowed 356 total yards and forced one Syracuse interception.
Pitt visited teh Virginia Tech Hokies and cruised to a 28-7 victory. The Panthers jumped out to a 28-0 lead and were never challenged by the Hokies Saturday afternoon. Kenny Pickett went 23/37 for 203 yards, two touchdowns, zero interceptions, and added 38 yards and a touchdown on the ground. Israel Abanikanda had a big day on the ground rushing for 140 yards on 21 carries. Defensively, the Panthers allowed 224 total yards and forced one Virginia Tech interception.
Clemson vs Pittsburgh Series History: Clemson has won the past two meetings to tie the all-time series up at two wins a piece.