Who: Iowa Hawkeyes vs Kentucky Wildcats
Time: January 1, 2022 1:00 EST
Venue: Camping World Stadium – Orlando, FL
Iowa vs Kentucky Odds:
Moneyline: Iowa +125 | Kent -145
Spread: Iowa +3.0 (-110) | Kent -3.0 (-110)
Total: Under 44.0 (-110) | Over 44.0 (-110)
Iowa vs Kentucky Betting Preview
The Citrus Bowl may not get the juices flowing, but we have a good matchup between the Iowa Hawkeyes (10-3) and Kentucky Wildcats (9-3). Both teams had surprisingly good seasons but were at a point where they had higher aspirations midway through the season. This game will air live on ABC.
Iowa is set to appear in their 34th bowl game and will look to improve on their 17-15-1 record. The Hawkeyes have been bowl eligible for nine straight years, but their 2020 bowl game was cancelled due to COVID. Iowa has won their past three bowl games.
Kentucky is in a bowl game for the sixth consecutive season and are going for their fourth consecutive win. The Wildcats won the 2020 Gator Bowl over the NC State Wolfpack.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Iowa Hawkeyes and Kentucky Wildcats.
Iowa vs Kentucky Betting Stats
- Iowa are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Iowa’s last 5 games.
- Iowa are 16-3 SU in their last 19 games.
- Iowa are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games this season.
- Iowa are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Southeastern conference.
- Iowa are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games played on a Saturday.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Iowa’s last 6 games when playing as the underdog.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Iowa’s last 9 games played on a Saturday when on the road.
- Kentucky are 8-4 ATS in their last 12 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kentucky’s last 5 games.
- Kentucky are 11-3 SU in their last 14 games.
- Kentucky are 9-3 SU in their last 12 games this season.
- Kentucky are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Big Ten conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kentucky’s last 5 games played on a Saturday.
- Kentucky are 10-0 SU in their last 10 games when playing as the favorite.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Kentucky’s last 9 games played on a Saturday when at home.
Iowa vs Kentucky Betting Pick
During the regular season, the Iowa offense averaged 23.9 points per game and 297.5 yards per game, 177.7 through the air and 119.8 on the ground. Defensively, the Hawkeyes allowed 19.2 points and 326.9 yards, 213.1 passing and 113.8 rushing. Iowa ended their regular season with a 42-3 loss to Michigan in the Big Ten Championship.
The Kentucky offense averaged 33.3 points per game and 431.1 yards per game, 225.0 through the air and 206.1 on the ground. Defensively, the Wildcats allowed 22.1 points and 337.1 yards, 219.3 passing and 117.8 rushing. Kentucky beat Louisville 52-21 in their regular season finale.
Iowa vs Kentucky Series History: This will be the first meeting between these two schools.