Who: California Golden Bears at #9 Oregon Ducks
Time: October 15, 2021 10:30 EST
Venue: Autzen Stadium – Eugene, OR
Cal at Oregon Odds:
Moneyline: Cal +470 | Oregon -700
Spread: Cal +14.5 (-115) | Oregon -14.5 (-105)
Total: Under 55.5 (-110) | Over 55.5 (-110)
Cal at Oregon Betting Preview
Pac-12 after dark comes to Friday night when the Cal Golden Bears (1-4, 0-2) visit the Oregon Ducks (4-1, 1-1) on October 15, 2021. Oregon still has College Football Playoff hopes so this is a must win game. This game will air live on ESPN at 10:30 p.m. EST.
Through five games, the Cal offense is averaging 24.2 points per game and 407.2 yards per game, 249.0 through the air and 158.2 on the ground. Defensively, the Bears are allowing 27.6 points and 400.6 yards, 281.4 passing and 119.2 rushing.
The Oregon offense is averaging 35.8 points per game and 421.2 yards per game, 210.8 through the air and 210.4 on the ground. Defensively, the Ducks are allowing 21.8 points and 409.0 yards, 275.2 passing and 133.8 yards.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the California Golden Bears and Oregon Ducks.
Cal at Oregon Betting Stats
- California are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games.
- California are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games against Oregon.
- California are 2-10 SU in their last 12 games against Oregon.
- California are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- California are 0-6 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Oregon.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of California’s last 7 games against an opponent in the Pac-12 conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of California’s last 8 games played in October.
- California are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games played in week 7.
- Oregon are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Oregon’s last 8 games.
- Oregon are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Oregon’s last 20 games against California.
- Oregon are 15-0 SU in their last 15 games at home.
- Oregon are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against California.
- Oregon are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games this season.
- Oregon are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Pac-12 conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Oregon’s last 12 games played in October.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Oregon’s last 6 games played in week 7.
Cal at Oregon Pick
Last time out, Cal hosted the Washington State Cougars and lost 21-6. This was a tough game to watch with just seven points being scored after the first quarter. Chase Garbers went 14/30 for 152 yards, zero touchdowns, and one interception. Cal rushed the ball 34 times for 121 yards, a 3.6 average, and one touchdown. Defensively, the Bears allowed 332 total yards and forced two Wazzou interceptions.
Then #3 Oregon visited the Stanford Cardinal and suffered a 31-24 overtime defeat in Palo Alto. Oregon overcame a 17-7 halftime deficit to take a 24-17 lead midway through the fourth quarter. Stanford tied the game up on an untimed last play of the game and then win in the first overtime period. Anthony Brown went 14/26 for 186 yards, zero touchdowns, one interception, and added 35 yards and two touchdowns on the ground. Defensively, the Ducks allowed 354 yards and did not force any Stanford turnovers.
Cal vs Oregon Series History: Cal won the meeting last season and holds a slight 42-40-2 advantage.