Who: BYU at USC
Time: November 27, 2021 10:30 EST
Venue: Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum – Los Angeles, CA
BYU at USC Odds:
Moneyline: BYU -260 | USC +205
Spread: BYU -6.5 (-115) | USC +6.5 (-105)
Total: Under 63.5 (-110) | Over 63.5 (-110)
BYU at USC Betting Preview
A fun West Coast battle is set for Saturday night when the BYU Cougars (9-2) visit the USC Trojans (4-6). USC is missing out on a bowl game for the second consecutive season and BYU is finishing up another great one. This game will air live on ESPN.
Through 11 games, the BYU offense is averaging 33.4 points per game and 457.4 yards per game, 269.3 through the air and 188.1 on the ground. Defensively, the Cougars are allowing 23.6 points and 380.6 yards, 234.4 passing and 146.3 rushing.
After 10 games, the USC offense is averaging 29.9 points per game and 446.0 yards per game, 306.7 through the air and 139.3 on the ground. Defensively, the Trojans are allowing 32.2 points and 417.8 yards, 244.9 passing and 172.9 rushing.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the BYU Cougars and USC Trojans.
BYU at USC Betting Stats
- Brigham Young are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Brigham Young’s last 14 games.
- Brigham Young are 17-3 SU in their last 20 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Brigham Young’s last 5 games on the road.
- Brigham Young are 9-2 SU in their last 11 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Brigham Young’s last 15 games against an opponent in the Pac-12 conference.
- Brigham Young are 8-1 SU in their last 9 games played in November.
- Brigham Young are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games played in week 13.
- Southern California are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games.
- Southern California are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Southern California’s last 5 games at home.
- Southern California are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games this season.
- Southern California are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Independents (FBS) conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Southern California’s last 5 games played in November.
- Southern California are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played in week 13.
- Southern California are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games played on a Saturday.
BYU at USC Betting Pick
Last time out, BYU visited the Georgia Southern Eagles and left with a 34-17 victory. This game was close at the half, with BYU winning 20-17, but BYU scored the only 14 points of the second half to get the win. Jaren Hall went 17/29 for 213 yards, two touchdowns, and zero interceptions. Puka Nacua hauled in five balls for 83 yards and two touchdowns. Defensively, the Cougars allowed 268 total yards and forced two GSU interceptions.
USC hosted their in-state rivals and suffered an embarrassing 62-33 defeat. The Trojans led 10-7 after the first quarter, but UCLA went off in the second quarter and led 28-17 at the half, never trailing again. Jaxson Dart went 27/47 for 325 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions. Vavae Malepeai rushed the ball 10 times and got in the end zone three times. Defensively, the Trojans allowed 609 total yards and forced two UCLA interceptions.
BYU vs USC Series History: BYU won the meeting last season, but USC still leads the all-time series 2-1.