Who: Buffalo at Ball State
Time: November 23, 2021 7:00 EST
Venue: Scheumann Stadium – Muncie, IN
Buffalo at Ball State Odds:
Moneyline: BUF +184 | BSU -230
Spread: BUF +5.5 (-110) | BSU -5.5 (-110)
Total: Under 58.5 (-110) | Over 58.5 (-100)
Buffalo at Ball State Betting Preview
Bowl eligibility will be on the line when the Buffalo Bulls (4-7. 2-5) visit the Ball State Cardinals (5-6, 3-4) Tuesday night. Neither team can win their division, but Ball State will become bowl eligible with a win. This game will air live on ESPN+.
Through 11 games, the Buffalo offense is averaging 31.5 points per game and 417.2 yards per game, 217.4 through the air and 199.8 on the ground. Defensively, the Bulls are allowing 30.8 points and 433.3 yards, 225.3 passing and 208.0 rushing.
The Ball State offense is averaging 24.7 points per game and 344.3 yards per game, 202.7 through the air and 141.5 on the ground. Defensively, the Cardinals are allowing 28.6 points and 422.9 yards, 251.5 passing and 171.5 rushing.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Buffalo Bulls and Ball State Cardinals.
Buffalo at Ball State Betting Stats
- Buffalo are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Buffalo’s last 6 games.
- Buffalo are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games.
- Buffalo are 3-6 ATS in their last 9 games against Ball State.
- Buffalo are 2-8 SU in their last 10 games against Ball State.
- Buffalo are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games on the road.
- Buffalo are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Mid-American conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Buffalo’s last 11 games played in November.
- Buffalo are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games played in week 13.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Buffalo’s last 9 games played on a Tuesday.
- Ball State are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Ball State’s last 5 games.
- Ball State are 12-6 SU in their last 18 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Ball State’s last 9 games against Buffalo.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Ball State’s last 7 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Ball State’s last 8 games this season.
- Ball State are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Mid-American conference.
- Ball State are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games played in November.
- Ball State are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games played in week 13.
- Ball State are 2-8 SU in their last 10 games played on a Tuesday.
Buffalo at Ball State Betting Pick
Last time out, Buffalo lost their third consecutive game with a 33-27 overtime loss, at home, to the Northern Illinois Huskies. This game was tight throughout, as neither team led by more than seven points, but NIU got the win after scoring and holding Buffalo in the first overtime. Matt Myers went 16/23 for 162 yards, one touchdown, zero interceptions, and 43 rushing yards. Ron Cook Jr. rushed for one touchdown and caught a receiving touchdown on the night. Defensively, the Bulls allowed 505 total yards and recovered one NIU fumble.
Ball State hosted the Central Michigan Chippewas and were blown out, losing 37-17. The Cardinals took a 7-0 lead, but CMU scored 21 of the next 31 points to take the lead and come away with the big win. Drew Pitt went 21/39 for 107 yards, one touchdown, one interception, and 20 rushing yards. Ball State rushed the ball 33 times for 159 yards, a 4.8 average, and one interception. Defensively, the Cardinals allowed 567 total yards and forced two CMU interceptions.
Buffalo vs Ball State Series History: Ball State won the meeting last season and now leads the all-time series 10-2.