Who: Middle Tennessee vs Toledo
Time: December 17, 2021 12:00 EST
Venue: Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium – Nassau, NP
MTSU vs Toledo Odds:
Moneyline: MTSU +310 | TOL -420
Spread: MTSU +9.0 (-110) | TOL -9.0 (-110)
Total: Under 53.0 (-110) | Over 53.0 (-110)
MTSU vs Toledo Betting Preview
The first bowl game of the season takes us to paradise when the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (6-6) face-off against the Toledo Rockets (7-5) in the Bahamas Bowl. MTSU will be making their first bowl appearance since 2018 and their second at the Bahamas Bowl – they lost 45-31 to Western Michigan in 2015. Toledo also is back at a bowl game for the first time since 2018 and are 0-1 in the Bahamas Bowl – losing 35-32 to FIU in 2018. This game will air live on ESPN.
During the regular season, the MTSU offense averaging 29.8 points per game and 356.1 yards per game, 235.3 through the air and 120.8 on the ground. Defensively, the Blue Raiders allowed 25.8 points and 367.4 yards, 238.6 passing and 128.8 rushing.
The Toledo offense averaged 34.2 points per game and 434.5 yards per game, 241.3 through the air and 193.2 on the ground. Defensively, the Rockets allowed 21.0 points and 342.3 yards, 191.5 passing and 150.8 rushing.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders and Toledo Rockets.
MTSU vs Toledo Betting Stats
- Middle Tennessee are 4-2 ATS in their last 6 games.
- Middle Tennessee are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games.
- Middle Tennessee are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Mid-American conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Middle Tennessee’s last 5 games played in December.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Middle Tennessee’s last 6 games played on a Friday.
- Middle Tennessee are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games when playing as the underdog.
- Toledo are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Toledo’s last 5 games.
- Toledo are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Toledo’s last 6 games this season.
- Toledo are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games played in December.
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Toledo’s last 12 games played on a Friday.
- Toledo are 12-6 SU in their last 18 games when playing as the favorite.
- Toledo are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games played on a Friday when playing on the road.
MTSU vs Toledo Betting Pick
Last time out, Middle Tennessee became bowl eligible with a 27-17 road win over the Florida Atlantic Owls. FAU led 18-3 midway through the third quarter, but MTSU scored the final 24 points to get the win and clinch their ticket to the Bahamas. Two MTSU QBs combined to go 24/39 for 236 yards, one touchdown, zero interceptions, and added one touchdown on the ground. Defensively, the Blue Raiders allowed 413 total yards and forced two FAU turnovers, one interception and one fumble.
Toledo finished their regular season with a 49-14 thumping over the Akron Zips. This game was tied at seven, but Toledo scored the next 35 points to runaway with this one. Toledo ran the ball 42 times for 281 yards, a 6.7 average, and three touchdowns. Defensively, the Rockets allowed 365 total yards and did not force any Akron turnovers.
MTSU vs Toledo Series History: This will be the first meeting between these two schools.