Who: Arizona St vs BYU
Time: September 18, 2021 10:15 EST
Venue: LaVell Edwards Stadium – Provo UT
Arizona State vs BYU Odds:
Moneyline: AZ St: (-175) | BYU: (+155)
Spread: AZ St: -3.5 (-115) | BYU: +3.5 (-105)
Total: 50.5 – Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Arizona State vs BYU Betting Preview
An exciting non-conference affair is on the schedule for Saturday, September 18, 2021, when the #19 Arizona Sun Devils (2-0) visit the #23 BYU Cougars (2-0). BYU celebrated joining the Big 12 with an upset win over another Pac-12 opponent. Arizona State has handled their business with two easy opponents so far in 2021. This game will air live on ESPN at 10:15 p.m. EST.
Through two games, the Arizona State offense is averaging 39.0 points per game and 443.0 total yards, 187.0 through the air and 256.0 on the ground. Defensively, the Sun Devils are allowing just 12.0 points and 189.5 yards, 106.5 passing and 83.0 rushing.
The BYU offense is averaging 25.0 points per game and 374.0 total yards, 178.0 through the air and 196.0 on the ground. Defensively, the Cougars are allowing 16.5 points and 383.0 yards, 246.0 passing and 137.0 rushing.
Below is my pick, and preview, for the battle between the #19 Arizona State Sun Devils and #23 BYU Cougars.
Arizona State vs BYU Betting Stats
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Arizona State’s last 8 games.
- Arizona State is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Arizona State’s last 5 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Arizona State’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Independents (FBS) conference.
- Arizona State is 6-1 SU in their last 7 games played in September.
- Arizona State is 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 games played in week 3.
- Arizona State is 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games played on a Saturday.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of BYU’s last 5 games.
- BYU is 13-1 SU in their last 14 games.
- BYU is 10-0 SU in their last 10 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of BYU’s last 13 games against an opponent in the Pac-12 conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of BYU’s last 5 games played in September.
- BYU is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played in week 3.
- BYU is 8-1 SU in their last 9 games played on a Saturday.
- BYU is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games when playing as the underdog.
Arizona State vs BYU Pick
Arizona State overcame a tough first half to beat the UNLV Rebels 37-10 in Tempe. UNLV led 10-7 late in the first half, but Arizona State scored the final 30 points to get the comfortable win. Jayden Daniels went 20/29 for 175 yards, two touchdowns, one interception, and led the team with 125 rushing yards. Rachaad White rushed the ball 22 times for 90 yards and two touchdowns against the Rebels. Defensively, the Sun Devils allowed just 155 total yards and did not force any UNLV turnovers.
BYU hosted #21 Utah in the Holy War and came away with an impressive 26-17 victory. The Cougars never trailed in this game and led by double digits most of the night against their rivals. Jaren Hall went 18/30 for 149 yards, three touchdowns, zero interceptions, and rushed the ball eight times for 92 yards. Tyler Allgeier led the Cougars with 102 yards on 27 carries. Defensively, the Cougars allowed 340 total yards and forced two Utah turnovers, one fumble and one interception.
Arizona State vs BYU Series History: This will be the first meeting between these two schools since 1998, a 26-6 win for BYU, and Arizona State leads the all-time series 20-7.