Cardinals vs Pirates Betting Odds
When: May 20, 2022, at 6:35 p.m. EDT
Venue: PNC Park – Pittsburgh, PA
Cardinals vs Pirates Betting Preview
A National League Central series begins Friday night when the St. Louis Cardinals (20-18, 10-10 away) visit the Pittsburgh Pirates (16-21, 9-10 home). The Cardinals won two of three when these two teams met earlier this season. This game will air live on Apple TV+.
Nolan Arenado is having an MVP type season and he leads the Cardinals with nine home runs and 31 RBIs. Paul Goldschmidt has a team high .329 batting average St. Louis is batting .247 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.67 ERA and 1.25 WHIP.
The Pittsburgh offense has been balanced this season as they are led by Daniel Vogelbach’s six home runs and Ben Gamel’s 15 RBIs. Ke’Bryan Hayes has a team high .289 batting average. The Pirates are hitting .224 and the pitching staff has combined for a 4.68 ERA and 1.35 WHIP.
Cardinals vs Pirates Betting Trends
- St. Louis are 4-8 SU in their last 12 games.
- St. Louis are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games against Pittsburgh.
- St. Louis are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games on the road.
- St. Louis are 11-2 SU in their last 13 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of St. Louis’ last 7 games against an opponent in the National League Central Division.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of St. Louis’ last 9 games played on a Friday.
Check Out the MLB Sports Betting Sites for betting on baseball!
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Pittsburgh’s last 8 games at home.
- Pittsburgh are 2-11 SU in their last 13 games when playing at home against St. Louis.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Pittsburgh’s last 8 games against an opponent in the National League.
- Pittsburgh are 4-9 SU in their last 13 games against an opponent in the National League Central Division
Cardinals vs Pirates Pick & Prediction
Last time out, St. Louis finished off their midweek series with a 7-6 loss, in 10 innings, to the Mets. New York blew a 5-3 lead, but a Pete Alonso two-run walk off home run ended this one in extras. Paul Goldschmidt went 3-4 with one home run, four RBIs and one run scored. Colin Holderman got his first win of the season and Giovanny Gallegos dropped to 0-2.
Pittsburgh won 3-2 to salvage their early week series with the Cubs. Chicago took an early 1-0 lead, and then tied the game up in the fourth, but the Pirates scored on a Jack Suwinski solo home run in the fifth to get the win. Mitch Keller improved to 1-5, Drew Smyly dropped to 1-5 and David Bednar notched his eighth save of the season.
Pitching Matchup: Adam Wainwright (4-3, 3.15 ERA, 1.23 WHIP) vs Zach Thompson (2-3, 5.47 ERA, 1.52 WHIP)
Visit our MLB section for daily Free MLB Picks!