Cardinals vs Mets Betting Odds
When: May 19, 2022, at 1:10 p.m. EDT
Venue: Citi Field – Queens, NY
Cardinals vs Mets Betting Preview
A four-game National League series concludes Thursday afternoon when the St. Louis Cardinals (20-17, 10-9 away) visit the New York Mets (25-14, 12-8 home). The Mets will be going for the series win over one of their main NL challengers. This game will air live on ESPN+.
Nolan Arenado is having an MVP type season and he leads St. Louis with nine home runs and 31 RBIs. Paul Goldschmidt has a team high .317 batting average The Cardinals are hitting .247 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.67 ERA and 1.25 WHIP.
Pete Alonso is mashing and leads the Mets with nine home runs and 33 RBIs. Jeff McNeil has a team high .315 batting average. New York is batting .251 and the pitching staff has combined for a 3.32 ERA and 1.12 WHIP.
Cardinals vs Mets Betting Trends
- St. Louis are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games against NY Mets.
- St. Louis are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- St. Louis are 8-3 SU in their last 11 games when playing on the road against NY Mets.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of St. Louis’ last 9 games against an opponent in the National League East Division division.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of St. Louis’ last 6 games played on a Thursday when on the road.
Check Out the MLB Sports Betting Sites for betting on baseball!
- NY Mets are 3-8 SU in their last 11 games when playing at home against St. Louis.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of NY Mets’ last 8 games against an opponent in the National League.
- NY Mets are 4-9 SU in their last 13 games against an opponent in the National League Central Division
Cardinals vs Mets Pick & Prediction
Last time out, New York took the series lead with an 11-4-win Wednesday night. This game was tied at two heading into the fifth inning, but the Mets scored four in the fifth and eight innings to get the big win. For St. Louis, Nolan Arenado went 2-4 with one home run, two RBIs and one run. Pete Alonso had a big game for the Mets as he went 2-4 with one home run, four RBIs and two runs. Max Scherzer improved to 5-1, though did leave early with an injury, and Jake Walsh dropped to 0-1.
Pitching Matchup: Dakota Hudson (3-2, 3.06 ERA, 1.33 WHIP) vs Chris Bassitt (4-2, 2.34 ERA, 1.02 WHIP)
Visit our MLB section for daily Free MLB Picks!