Cardinals vs Mets Betting Odds
When: May 16, 2022, at 7:10 p.m. EDT
Venue: Citi Field – Queens, NY
Cardinals vs Mets Betting Preview
A four-game National League series begins Monday night when the St. Louis Cardinals (19-15, 9-7 away) visit the New York Mets (23-13, 10-7 home). These are two of the better teams in the NL and should be battling in late October.
Nolan Arenado is having an MVP type season and he leads St. Louis with a .312 batting average, eight home runs and 29 RBIs. The Cardinals are hitting .246 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.52 ERA and 1.23 WHIP.
Pete Alonso is mashing and leads the Mets with eight home runs and 29 RBIs. Jeff McNeil has a team high .308 batting average. New York is batting .251 and the pitching staff has combined for a 3.40 ERA and 1.10 WHIP.
Cardinals vs Mets Betting Trends
- St. Louis are 11-5 SU in their last 16 games against NY Mets.
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of St. Louis’ last 18 games on the road.
- St. Louis are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games when playing on the road against NY Mets.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of St. Louis’ last 12 games against an opponent in the National League.
- St. Louis are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games against an opponent in the National League East Division.
Check Out the MLB Sports Betting Sites for betting on baseball!
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Mets’ last 5 games against St. Louis.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of NY Mets’ last 8 games at home.
- NY Mets are 1-7 SU in their last 8 games when playing at home against St. Louis.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Mets’ last 5 games against an opponent in the National League.
- NY Mets are 2-8 SU in their last 10 games against an opponent in the National League Central Division.
Cardinals vs Mets Pick & Prediction
Last time out, St. Louis clinched their weekend series with a 15-6 win over San Francisco. The Cardinals jumped all over the Giants and led 10-0 through five innings. Paul Goldschmidt went 3-4 with a home run, two doubles, three RBIs and three runs scored. Adam Wainwright improved to 4-2 and Carlos Rodon fell to 4-2 on the season.
New York lost their weekend series with an 8-7 loss to Seattle Sunday afternoon. The Mets were leading 5-4 after four, but the Mariners scored three runs in the sixth, and one in the seventh, to get the win. Julio Rodriguez went 4-4 with one home run, one walk, two RBIs and two runs scored. Robbie Ray improved to 4-3, Chasen Streve fell to 1-1 and Diego Castillo notched his second save.
Pitching Matchup: Miles Mikolas (3-1, 1.49 ERA, 0.94 WHIP) vs Trevor Williams (0-2, 5.73 ERA, 1.64 WHIP)
Visit our MLB section for daily Free MLB Picks!