Cardinals vs Braves Betting Odds
When: July 04, 2022, at 7:20 p.m. EDT
Venue: Truist Park – Atlanta, GA
Cardinals vs Braves Betting Preview
A fun National League series gets underway Monday night when the St. Louis Cardinals (44-37, 20-21 away) visit the Atlanta Braves (46-34, 24-17 home). Both teams are second in their divisions with the Cards trailing Milwaukee by two games and the Braves trailing New York by 3.5 games. Both teams currently occupy two of the NL Wild Card spots.
Paul Goldschmidt wants the NL MVP this season as he leads St. Louis with a .341 batting average, 19 home runs and 65 RBIs. The Cardinals are batting .253 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.81 ERA and 1.28 WHIP.
Risk Free Bet
Bet $5 Win $200
Austin Riley is having a big season for Atlanta as he leads the team with 20 home runs and 48 RBIs. Dansby Swanson has a team high .301 batting average on the season. The Braves are hitting .248 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.74 ERA and 1.23 WHIP.
Cardinals vs Braves Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of St. Louis’ last 5 games.
- St. Louis are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games against Atlanta.
- St. Louis are 4-9 SU in their last 13 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 14 of St. Louis’ last 19 games when playing on the road against Atlanta.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of St. Louis’ last 6 games against an opponent in the National League East Division.
- St. Louis are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games played in July.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Atlanta’s last 9 games.
- Atlanta are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Atlanta’s last 9 games against St. Louis.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 5 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 14 of Atlanta’s last 19 games when playing at home against St. Louis.
- Atlanta are 13-7 SU in their last 20 games against an opponent in the National League.
- Atlanta are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games against an opponent in the National League Central Division.
Read our in-depth review of BetMGM Sportsbook to learn more about a $1000 Risk Free first bet or Bet $10 Win $200 promotion.
Cardinals vs Braves Pick & Prediction
Last time out, St. Louis lost their weekend series in Philadelphia with a 4-0 loss on Sunday. The Phillies put up three runs in the sixth inning to push their lead to four and comfortably get the win. St. Louis was held to just four hits in the Sunday Night Baseball loss. Zack Wheeler improved to 7-4 and Adam Wainwright fell to 6-6 on the year.
Atlanta could not finish off the sweep in Cincinnati as they lost 4-3 on Sunday. The Braves looked like they were going to send the game into extras, after scoring two runs in the top of the ninth, but the Reds loaded the bases up in the bottom half of the inning and won on a walk-off walk. Hunter Strickland improved to 1-2 and A.J. Minter dropped to 4-2 on the season.
Pitching Matchup: Dakota Hudson (6-4, 3.83 ERA, 1.35 WHIP) vs Kyle Wright (9-4, 3.03 ERA, 1.14 WHIP)