Mariners vs Padres Betting Odds
When: July 04, 2022, at 6:40 p.m. EDT
Venue: Petco Park – San Diego, CA
Mariners vs Padres Betting Preview
An interleague battle begins Monday night when the Seattle Mariners (39-42, 19-22 away) visit the San Diego Padres (47-34, 21-16 home). Both are second in their divisions, but the Mariners are 13.5 games back of the Astros and the Padres are just 3.5 games back of the Dodgers. Seattle is five back of the Wild Card and San Diego occupies the top NL Wild Card spot.
Ty France is on his way to the All-Star game as he leads the Mariners with a .316 batting average and 45 RBIs. Julio Rodriguez has hit a team high 14 home runs. Seattle is hitting .233 and the pitching staff has combined for a 3.70 ERA and 1.21 WHIP.
Risk Free Bet
Bet $5 Win $200
Manny Machado, who missed a few weeks with injury, was having an MVP type season as he leads the Padres with a .320 batting average, 12 home runs and 46 RBIs. San Diego is hitting .241 and the pitchers recorded a 3.54 ERA and 1.16 WHIP.
Mariners vs Padres Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Seattle’s last 6 games.
- Seattle are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games.
- Seattle are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games against San Diego.
- Seattle are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Seattle’s last 6 games when playing on the road against San Diego.
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Seattle’s last 15 games against an opponent in the National League.
- Seattle are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the National League West Division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Diego’s last 5 games.
- San Diego are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Diego’s last 5 games against Seattle.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of San Diego’s last 6 games when playing at home against Seattle.
- The total has gone OVER in 15 of San Diego’s last 19 games against an opponent in the American League.
- San Diego are 14-6 SU in their last 20 games against an opponent in the American League West Division.
- San Diego are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games played in July.
Read our in-depth review of BetMGM Sportsbook to learn more about a $1000 Risk Free first bet or Bet $10 Win $200 promotion.
Mariners vs Padres Pick & Prediction
Last time out, Seattle won their four-game series against Oakland with a 2-1 win on Sunday. Julio Rodriguez knocked in both runs for Seattle as he hit a home run in the first and a double to deep center in the sixth inning. Elvis Andrus made it a contest with a solo shot of his own in the seventh inning. Robbie Ray improved to 7-6, Frankie Montas fell to 3-9 and Paul Sewald saved his ninth game of the season.
San Diego avoided the four-game sweep in Los Angeles with a 4-2 win on Sunday. It looked the Dodgers were going to finish off the sweep, but the Padres scored four runs in the top of the ninth inning to get the much-needed win. Ha-Seong Kim ended up having the game winning two-run home run in that ninth inning. Nick Martinez improved to 3-3, Craig Kimbrel dropped to 1-4 and Trevor Rogers saved his 23rd game of the year.
Pitching Matchup: Chris Flexen (4-8, 4.32 ERA, 1.43 WHIP) vs Sean Manaea (3-3, 3.92 ERA, 1.14 WHIP)