Who: San Francisco at San Diego
Time: September 21, 2021, 10:10 EST
Venue: Petco Park – San Diego, CA
San Francisco at San Diego Odds
Moneyline: Giants -105 | Padres -115
Spread: Giants +1.5 -195 | Padres -1.5 +165
Total: Over 7.5 -105 | Under 7.5 -115
San Francisco at San Diego Betting Preview
A huge National League West series gets underway on Tuesday, September 21, 2021, when the San Francisco Giants (97-53, 48-27 away) visit the San Diego Padres (76-73, 44-31 home). San Francisco is still doing their best to hold off the Los Angeles Dodgers for the NL West title. San Diego is holding on for dear life as they try to stay in the race for the final Wild Card spot. This game will air live on FS1 at 10:10 p.m. EST.
San Francisco currently has the best record in Major League Baseball, but only lead the National League West by one game over the Los Angeles Dodgers. It is a shame one of these teams will have to play in the Wild Card game and potentially have their season end after one playoff game. The Giants end their season with six games against the Padres, three at the Rockies, and three at home against the Diamondbacks.
The San Francisco Giants continue to hold a slim 1 game lead over the Los Angeles Dodgers for the top spot in the NL West while the San Diego Padres are 4 games back for the last wild card spot.
Below is the MLB pick for San Francisco at San Diego.
San Francisco at San Diego Betting Stats and Trends
San Francisco Giants
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of San Francisco’s last 9 games.
- San Francisco is 11-3 SU in their last 14 games.
- San Francisco is 6-0 SU in their last 6 games on the road.
- San Francisco is 3-7 SU in their last 10 games when playing on the road against San Diego.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of San Francisco’s last 9 games against an opponent in the National League.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of San Francisco’s last 8 games against an opponent in the National League West Division division.
San Diego Padres
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Diego’s last 5 games.
- San Diego is 2-8 SU in their last 10 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of San Diego’s last 9 games against San Francisco.
- San Diego is 4-8 SU in their last 12 games at home.
- San Diego is 7-3 SU in their last 10 games when playing at home against San Francisco.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of San Diego’s last 9 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Diego’s last 5 games against an opponent in the National League.
San Francisco at San Diego Pitching Preview
Pitching Matchup: Kevin Gausman (14-6, 2.78 ERA, 1.03 WHIP) vs Joe Musgrove (11-9, 2.99 ERA, 1.04 WHIP)
Kevin Gausman has struggled in September and it is important for the Giants to get the their ace back in line as they prepare for a playoff run. In four September starts, Gausman has allowed 25 hits and 12 earned runs in 23.0 innings pitched, a 4.70 ERA. The Giants have won six of Gausman’s nine starts since the beginning of August.
Joe Musgrove has also had a poor September and will need to turn things around in his final couple starts if the Padres have any chance to make the Wild Card. Musgrove has allowed 16 hits and eight earned runs in 17.1 September innings, good for a 4.15 ERA. San Diego has won five of Musgrove’s last eight starts.
San Francisco at San Diego Season Series Recap:
These two teams have six games to play over the final two weeks and if the previous games this season are any indication, fans are in for a treat. San Francisco leads the season series 7-6 after San Diego won the final two games of their most recent series.