Padres vs Cardinals Betting Odds
When: May 31, 2022, at 7:45 p.m. EDT
Venue: Busch Stadium – St. Louis, MO
Padres vs Cardinals Betting Preview
A National League showcase series continues Tuesday night when the San Diego Padres (30-18, 17-8 away) visit the St. Louis Cardinals (27-21, 14-11 home). Both teams are good and should be playing well into October.
Manny Machado is having an MVP type season as he leads San Diego with a .353 batting average, eight home runs and 28 RBIs. The Padres are hitting .233 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.38 ERA and 1.12 WHIP.
Paul Goldschmidt continues to rake as he leads the Cardinals with a .352 batting average, 11 home runs and 42 RBIs. St. Louis is batting .252 and the pitching staff has combined for a 3.80 ERA and 1.27 WHIP.
Padres vs Cardinals Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Diego’s last 7 games.
- San Diego are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games.
- San Diego are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against St. Louis.
- San Diego are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- San Diego are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against St. Louis.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of San Diego’s last 13 games against an opponent in the National League.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of San Diego’s last 13 games played in May.
Check Out the MLB Sports Betting Sites for betting on baseball!
- St. Louis are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of St. Louis’ last 7 games against San Diego.
- St. Louis are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games at home.
- St. Louis are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against San Diego.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of St. Louis’ last 7 games played on a Tuesday.
Padres vs Cardinals Pick & Prediction
Last time out, this series got started with a 6-3 St. Louis win. Paul Goldschmidt extended his hit streak to 21 games by going 1-3 with one home run, one walk, two RBIs and one run scored. Jurickson Profar went 3-5 with one RBI in the loss. Andre Pallante improved to 1-0 and Nick Martinez dropped to 2-3 this season.
Pitching Matchup: Blake Snell (0-2, 6.00 ERA, 1.22 WHIP) vs Adam Wainwright (5-4, 3.12 ERA, 1.29 WHIP)
Visit our MLB section for daily Free MLB Picks!