Padres vs Giants Betting Odds
When: May 21, 2022, at 4:05 p.m. EDT
Venue: Oracle Park – San Francisco, CA
Padres vs Giants Betting Preview
A National League West battle continues Saturday afternoon when the San Diego Padres (25-14, 15-7 away) visit the San Francisco Giants (22-16, 11-8 home). These teams have played four times this season and have split the series so far. This game will air live on FS1.
Manny Machado is having an MVP type season and he leads the Padres with a .363 batting average and seven home runs. Eric Hosmer has a team high 24 RBIs. San Diego is batting .229 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.60 ERA and 1.16 WHIP.
Thairo Estrada is leading the way for San Francisco with a .275 batting average and Joc Pederson has been the main power source with a team high seven home runs. Wilmer Flores has a team high 22 RBIs. The Giants are batting .248 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.98 ERA and 1.30 WHIP.
Padres vs Giants Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of San Diego’s last 9 games.
- San Diego are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of San Diego’s last 15 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of San Diego’s last 19 games when playing on the road against San Francisco.
- San Diego are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the National League.
- San Diego are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the National League West Division
Check Out the MLB Sports Betting Sites for betting on baseball!
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of San Francisco’s last 10 games.
- San Francisco are 8-4 SU in their last 12 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 14 of San Francisco’s last 19 games against San Diego.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Francisco’s last 6 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of San Francisco’s last 19 games when playing at home against San Diego.
- San Francisco are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the National League.
- San Francisco are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the National League West Division
Padres vs Giants Pick & Prediction
Last time out, San Diego earned the opening game of this series with a 10 inning, 8-7 win. The Padres looked on their way to winning this game in nine, but the Giants scored two in the bottom of the ninth inning, thanks to a Wilmer Flores single, to send it to extras. Manny Machado and Jurickson Profar knocked in the runs in the top of the 10th for San Diego. Luis Garcia improved to 2-2, Camilo Doval dropped to 0-2 and Robert Suarez picked up his first save of 2022.
Pitching Matchup: Joe Musgrove (4-0, 2.20 ERA, 0.93 WHIP) vs Carlos Rodon (4-2, 3.49 ERA, 1.11 WHIP)
Visit our MLB section for daily Free MLB Picks!