Padres vs Braves Betting Odds
When: May 14, 2022, at 4:05 p.m. EDT
Venue: Truist Park – Atlanta, GA
Padres vs Braves Betting Preview
A National League battle continues Saturday afternoon when the San Diego Padres (21-12, 11-5 away) visit the Atlanta Braves (15-18, 9-10 home). The Padres dominated game one and will look to clinch the series win in game two. This game will air live on FS1.
Eric Hosmer is having a fantastic season and he leads the Padres with a .377 batting average and 23 RBIs. Manny Machado has been the main power source with seven home runs. San Diego is batting .233 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.75 ERA and 1.18 WHIP.
Atlanta has been balanced at the dish and are led by Matt Olson’s .262 batting average, Austin Riley and his seven home runs and Travis d ’Arnaud’s 15 RBIs. Atlanta is hitting .228 and the pitching staff has combined for a 4.31 ERA and 1.30 WHIP.
Padres vs Braves Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of San Diego’s last 17 games.
- San Diego are 11-5 SU in their last 16 games.
- San Diego are 4-9 SU in their last 13 games against Atlanta.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of San Diego’s last 9 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of San Diego’s last 9 games when playing on the road against Atlanta.
- San Diego are 10-4 SU in their last 14 games against an opponent in the National League.
- San Diego are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the National League East Division division.
Check Out the MLB Sports Betting Sites for betting on baseball!
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Atlanta’s last 11 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Atlanta’s last 19 games against San Diego.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 6 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Atlanta’s last 9 games when playing at home against San Diego.
- Atlanta are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the National League West Division division.
- Atlanta are 9-2 SU in their last 11 games played on a Saturday.
Padres vs Braves Pick & Prediction
Last time out, San Diego scored in five of the nine innings to win 11-6. The Braves led 6-4 after six innings, but the Padres scored three in the seventh and four in the ninth to get the blowout win. Ha-Seong Kim went 3-5 with one home run, three RBIs and three runs scored in the win. Dansby Swanson showed up for Atlanta as he went 2-4 with one home run, four RBIs and one run scored. Luis Garcia improved to 1-2, Will Smith dropped to 1-1 and Taylor Rogers notched his 13th save of the season.
Pitching Matchup: Sean Manaea (2-3, 3.75 ERA, 1.11 WHIP) vs Charlie Morton (2-3, 5.65 ERA, 1.64 WHIP)
Visit our MLB section for daily Free MLB Picks!