Phillies vs Padres Betting Odds
When: June 23, 2022, at 9:40 p.m. EDT
Venue: Petco Park – San Diego, CA
Phillies vs Padres Betting Preview
A fun National League series begins Thursday night when the Philadelphia Phillies (36-34, 17-17 away) visit the San Diego Padres (44-27, 20-13 home). San Diego is tied for lead in the NL West, while the Phillies will be fighting for a Wild Card spot.
Bryce Harper is backing up his MVP season with another fantastic season as he leads the Phillies with a .326 batting average and 48 RBIs. Kyle Schwarber has hit a team high 19 home runs this season. Philadelphia is batting .247 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.93 ERA and 1.27 WHIP.
Manny Machado, who is out for a few weeks, is having an MVP type season as he leads the Padres with a .328 batting average, 12 home runs and 46 RBIs. San Diego is batting .245 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.42 ERA and 1.15 WHIP.
Phillies vs Padres Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 6 games.
- Philadelphia are 15-5 SU in their last 20 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 14 of Philadelphia’s last 20 games on the road.
- Philadelphia are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against San Diego.
- Philadelphia are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the National League.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 5 games against an opponent in the National League West Division
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Diego’s last 5 games.
- San Diego are 14-6 SU in their last 20 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Diego’s last 6 games against Philadelphia.
- San Diego are 7-2 SU in their last 9 games at home.
- San Diego are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Philadelphia.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Diego’s last 7 games against an opponent in the National League.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Diego’s last 6 games against an opponent in the National League East Division
Visit our MLB section for daily MLB Picks!
Phillies vs Padres Pick & Prediction
Last time out, Philadelphia suffered a two-game sweep with a 4-2 loss at Texas. The Phillies defense has been poor all year and it let them down again on Wednesday as they allowed two unearned runs and got a bad call on a third out to give up a third run. Tough day at the office for Philadelphia. Kyle Schwarber hit a two-run home run in the loss. Jon Gray improved to 3-3, Zack Wheeler dropped to 6-4 and Joe Barlow saved his 13th game of the season.
San Diego finished off the three-game sweep of Arizona with a 10-4 win on Wednesday. The Padres scored four runs in the first inning, and two more in the second inning, to cruise to victory in the series finale. Jurickson Profar went 4- 4 with two RBIs and two runs scored in the win. Adrian Morejon improved to 1-0, Madison Bumgarner dropped to 3-7 and Nick Martinez notched his first save of 2022.
Pitching Matchup: Ranger Suarez (5-4, 4.43 ERA, 1.51 WHIP) vs Joe Musgrove (8-0, 1.59 ERA, 0.92 WHIP)