Yankees vs Rays Betting Odds
When: May 26, 2022, at 6:40 p.m. EDT
Venue: Tropicana Field – St. Petersburg, FL
Yankees vs Rays Betting Preview
An American League East series begins Thursday night when the New York Yankees (31-13, 14-6 away) visit the Tampa Bay Rays (26-17, 15-9 home). It is almost June and these two East rivals have not played each other, so they will be seeing plenty during the summer months. This game will air live on MLB Network.
Aaron Judge is on another planet this season as he leads the Yankees with 17 home runs, also an MLB high, and a .313 batting average. Giancarlo Stanton has a team high 35 RBIs. New York is batting .241 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.00 ERA and 1.11 WHIP.
Tampa Bay is always balanced offensively, and this is the case this season as they are led by Kevin Kiermaier’s six home runs and Manny Margot’s 21 RBIs. Yandy Diaz has a team high .275 batting average. The Rays are hitting .240 and the pitching staff has combined for a 3.30 ERA and 1.11 WHIP.
Yankees vs Rays Betting Trends
- NY Yankees are 12-5 SU in their last 17 games.
- NY Yankees are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’ last 6 games when playing on the road against Tampa Bay.
- NY Yankees are 12-3 SU in their last 15 games against an opponent in the American League East Division
Check Out the MLB Sports Betting Sites for betting on baseball!
- Tampa Bay are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 6 games against NY Yankees.
- Tampa Bay are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games at home.
- Tampa Bay are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against NY Yankees.
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Tampa Bay’s last 12 games against an opponent in the American League East Division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Tampa Bay’s last 7 games played on a Thursday.
Yankees vs Rays Pick & Prediction
Last time out, New York clinched their midweek series with a 2-0 win over Baltimore. The only runs of the game in the bottom of the fourth inning when Miguel Andujar singled in the game winning run and Gleyber Torres added insurance thanks to a throwing error. JP Sears improved to 2-0, Tyler Wells dropped to 1-4 and Clay Holmes recorded his fifth save.
Tampa Bay beat Miami 5-4 to sweep their quick two-game series. The Rays put up five runs in the bottom of the first inning and were able to hold off the Marlins the final eight innings. Wander Franco went 2-4 with one RBI and one run scored in the win. Drew Rasmussen improved to 5-1, Cody Poteet fell to 0-1 and Colin Poche notched his first save of the season.
Pitching Matchup: Nestor Cortes (3-1, 1.80 ERA, 0.89 WHIP) vs Ryan Yarbrough (0-0, 4.20 ERA, 1.67 WHIP)
Visit our MLB section for daily Free MLB Picks!