Yankees vs Cardinals Betting Odds
When: August 06, 2022, at 7:15 p.m. EDT
Venue: Busch Stadium – St. Louis, MO
Yankees vs Cardinals Betting Preview
An interleague battle continues Saturday night when the New York Yankees (70-37, 29-22 away) visit the St. Louis Cardinals (58-48, 33-20 home). The Yankees are running away with the AL East and are just one game back of the Dodgers for the best record in MLB. St. Louis is tied with Milwaukee atop the NL Central and both teams are tied with the Phillies for the final NL Wild Card spot. This game will air live on FOX.
Aaron Judge is going to win the MVP this season as he leads the Yankees with a .300 batting average, 43 home runs and 93 RBIs. New York is hitting .246 and the pitching staff has combined for a 3.26 ERA and 1.11 WHIP.
Risk Free Bet
Bet $5 Win $200
Paul Goldschmidt wants the NL MVP this season as he leads St. Louis with a .330 batting average, 26 home runs and 82 RBIs. The Cardinals are batting .252 and the pitchers have recorded a 3.78 ERA and 1.26 WHIP.
Yankees vs Cardinals Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of NY Yankees’ last 7 games.
- NY Yankees are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games.
- NY Yankees are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against St. Louis.
- NY Yankees are 2-8 SU in their last 10 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’ last 7 games when playing on the road against St. Louis.
- NY Yankees are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the National League.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Yankees’ last 6 games played in August.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of St. Louis’ last 5 games.
- St. Louis are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of St. Louis’ last 11 games against NY Yankees.
- St. Louis are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of St. Louis’ last 7 games when playing at home against NY Yankees.
- St. Louis are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games against an opponent in the American League.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of St. Louis’ last 6 games against an opponent in the American League East Division.
Get the latest new user sports betting bonuses go to our sportsbook promotion and bonus section.
Yankees vs Cardinals Pick & Prediction
Last time out, St. Louis took the series opener with a 4-3-win Friday night. The Yankees led 3-1 heading into the sixth inning, but the Cardinals scored one in the sixth and two in the eighth to get the come from behind win. New York out hit St. Louis 10-5 on the night.
Josh Donaldson went 2-4 with one double and two RBIs in the loss. Paul DeJong went 1-3 with one double, one walk and two RBIs in the win. Andre Pallante improved to 5-4, Clay Holmes fell to 5-3 and Ryan Helsley saved his 10th game of the season.
Pitching Matchup: Domingo German (1-1, 6.39 ERA, 1.82 WHIP) vs Jordan Montgomery (First NL Start)