Who: Houston Astros at Atlanta Braves
Time: October 29, 2021, 8:09 EST
Venue: Truist Park – Atlanta, GA
Houston at Atlanta Odds
Odds Courtesy of Caesars Palace Sportsbook
Moneyline: Houston -106 | Atlanta -110
Spread: Houston -1.5 (+152) | Atlanta +1.5 (-184)
Total: Over 8.5 (-108) | Under 8.5 (-112)
Houston at Atlanta Betting Preview
The World Series switches home field when the Houston Astros visit the Atlanta Braves on Friday, October 29, 2021. It will be interesting to see how the no designated hitter affects Houston over the next few games as they look to break the 1-1 deadlock in this series. This game will air live on FOX at 8:09 p.m. EST.
The Atlanta bats were hot early and they took the game one win 6-2. Atlanta led 2-0 after the first, and 5-0 after the third, as they dominated Houston to take the 1-0 World Series lead. The story of the World Series already happened as Braves QB Charlie Morton took a line drive off his leg, broke his fibula, and still threw 16 more pitches on that broken leg.
Houston rebounded with a nice 7-2 game two win. Like Atlanta in game one, Houston dropped five runs buy the end of the second inning and cruised the rest of the game. Jose Urquidy pitched a gem over five innings and the Jose Altuve and Michael Brantley bats caught fire.
Below is the MLB pick for Atlanta and Houston.
Houston at Atlanta Betting Stats and Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Houston’s last 15 games.
- Houston is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- Houston is 6-1 SU in their last 7 games against Atlanta.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Houston’s last 5 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Houston’s last 8 games when playing on the road against Atlanta.
- Houston is 10-4 SU in their last 14 games this season.
- Houston is 4-1 SU in their last 5 games played in October.
- Atlanta is 15-5 SU in their last 20 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Atlanta’s last 12 games against Houston.
- Atlanta is 7-0 SU in their last 7 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Atlanta’s last 8 games when playing at home against Houston.
- Atlanta is 7-3 SU in their last 10 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 7 games against an opponent in the American League.
Houston at Atlanta Pitching Preview
Pitching Preview: Luis Garcia vs Ian Anderson
Luis Garcia is set to make his fourth start of the postseason and he will hope to ride the wave of his final start against Boston. Garcia got the ball for game five in the ALCS and helped the Astros finish off the series with a one hit, zero earned run gem in 5.2 innings pitched. In his first two starts, Garcia allowed a combined seven hits and 10 earned runs in just 3.2 innings pitched.
Max Fried is going to grab the ball for the fourth time this postseason and will look to continue his great October. The Braves have won all of Fried’s appearances with the righty allowing a combined nine hits and three earned runs in 12.0 innings pitched, good for a 2.25 ERA.