Who: Atlanta Braves at Houston Astros
Time: November 2, 2021, 8:09 EST
Venue: Minute Maid Park – Houston, TX
Atlanta at Houston Odds
Odds Courtesy of Caesars Palace Sportsbook
Moneyline: Atlanta +108 | Houston -126
Spread: Atlanta +1.5 (-178) | Houston -1.5 (+146)
Total: Over 8.5 (-118) | Under 8.5 (-104)
Atlanta at Houston Betting Preview
The World Series has gotten tense and as we shift back to Houston one team will be named champion this week. On Tuesday, November 2, 2021, the Atlanta Braves visit the Houston Astros with the Braves leading the series 3-2. This game will air live on FOX.
The Atlanta bats were hot early and they took the game one win 6-2. Atlanta led 2-0 after the first, and 5-0 after the third, as they dominated Houston to take the 1-0 World Series lead. The story of the World Series already happened as Braves starting pitched Charlie Morton took a line drive off his leg, broke his fibula, and still threw 16 more pitches on that broken leg.
Houston rebounded with a nice 7-2 game two win. Like Atlanta in game one, Houston dropped five runs buy the end of the second inning and cruised the rest of the game. Jose Urquidy pitched a gem over five innings and the Jose Altuve and Michael Brantley bats caught fire.
Atlanta won games three and four by tight 2-0 and 3-2 scorelines and looked like they were on their way to wrapping up the series after a first inning grand slam in game five. Houston fought back and won game fie 9-5 to get the series back to Houston.
Below is the MLB pick for Atlanta and Houston.
Atlanta at Houston Betting Stats and Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 6 games.
- Atlanta are 10-4 SU in their last 14 games.
- Atlanta are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games against Houston.
- Atlanta are 10-5 SU in their last 15 games on the road.
- Atlanta are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Houston.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Atlanta’s last 10 games against an opponent in the American League.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 6 games played on a Tuesday when on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Houston’s last 18 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Houston’s last 15 games against Atlanta.
- Houston are 7-2 SU in their last 9 games at home.
- Houston are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing at home against Atlanta.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston’s last 6 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games played on a Tuesday when at home.
Atlanta at Houston Pitching Preview
Pitching Preview: Max Fried vs Luis Garcia
Max Fried took the loss in game two when he allowed seven hits and six earned runs in 5.0 innings pitched. Fried has struggled his past two starts and Atlanta will need him to give them five plus good innings if they want to avoid a game seven.
Luis Garcia has rebounded nicely from his poor start to the postseason and has kept the Astros in his last two starts. Garcia did take the loss in game three, but he allowed just three hits and one earned run in 3.2 innings pitched.